The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Drama and theatre Studies Unit 4 exam 20/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellahargetdash
I'm doing Dr Faustus!!

Yaay!, what section do you think will come up for section A this year?
And what's your section B concept like? I've taken influence on an Artaudian concept of Dr Faustus, think they're so much to explore and do with the material.
Reply 61
Does anyone else feel really unprepared as they dont know how to revise?
I do, I've just written everything into my script and I hope that'll help me tomorrow. I've literally done nothing for this exam today apart from that 😅
I've done nothing apart from put rehearsal technoques and a **** load of section B stuff in my folder.. That's all you can do really?:s-smilie:
Are we allowed to have paragraphs in our scripts???
Reply 65
Original post by jessicaxxx1
Are we allowed to have paragraphs in our scripts???

Technically no
Original post by iyi123
Technically no

Omg my teacher told our whole class to prewrite the paragraphs we will use in our scripts!
Reply 67
Omg my teacher told our whole class to prewrite the paragraphs we will use in our scripts!

I'm sure I heard you just write it our as notes but not a proper paragraph. You pretend its not a paragraph when it is.
Original post by iyi123
I'm sure I heard you just write it our as notes but not a proper paragraph. You pretend its not a paragraph when it is.

No no she told us to write proper full paragraphs about sound lighting ect
No no she told us to write proper full paragraphs about sound lighting ect

You think we will get disqualified?
Reply 70
Bruh
how'd everyone find it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by skytrenfield
how'd everyone find it

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was an odd exam i didn't like it, but I didn't find it particularly difficult
Well I messed up the timing for that. decided to do section C first spent more than an hour...then did section A, and went over time for that...And then I had 35 minutes to do section B 😱 but I actually managed to finish everything at the end. Chucked in a tone of examples, OPC and techniques. Hopefully I got a high B/A
Reply 74
Original post by chaotic.school
Well I messed up the timing for that. decided to do section C first spent more than an hour...then did section A, and went over time for that...And then I had 35 minutes to do section B 😱 but I actually managed to finish everything at the end. Chucked in a tone of examples, OPC and techniques. Hopefully I got a high B/A

I didn't use many examples in my section B ad C, I'd say I used 3 per point made; do you think I'll be penalised for that?
Original post by iyi123
I didn't use many examples in my section B ad C, I'd say I used 3 per point made; do you think I'll be penalised for that?

Thing is, it's not about how many you put in, it's all about... have you described them in enough detail that the examiner will be able to visualise it, and have you analysed it. for section B, I talked about whole scenes for my example so I can gave the examiner a real visual view (and put in illustrations) of what my staging concept is going to be like. e.g. I do Dr Faustus, so I spoke about The 7 deadly sins scene and all the good and evil angel scenes.

same thing for section C, its how you use the example and analyse the OPC and audience response from it that counts.
Reply 76
Original post by chaotic.school
Thing is, it's not about how many you put in, it's all about... have you described them in enough detail that the examiner will be able to visualise it, and have you analysed it. for section B, I talked about whole scenes for my example so I can gave the examiner a real visual view (and put in illustrations) of what my staging concept is going to be like. e.g. I do Dr Faustus, so I spoke about The 7 deadly sins scene and all the good and evil angel scenes.

same thing for section C, its how you use the example and analyse the OPC and audience response from it that counts.

Okay I get you, thanks very much. I think I described it and I hope I can get an A/B on the paper so I can achieve an overall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending