The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 G484 June 2016 [Module 1] [90UMS]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by speed1✈️✈️
I think I got that too!! :s-smilie:

*Prays*
If i got that right I think my chances of 100% ums are looking a little brighter.
For the SHM question, when you had to draw the KE curve, I just did it as a straight up reflection of the PE graph (exam nerves got to me haha), so I got the max KE wrong. Will I lose marks for the max velocity in the next part or get error carried forward?
Original post by Tskadem
For the SHM question, when you had to draw the KE curve, I just did it as a straight up reflection of the PE graph (exam nerves got to me haha), so I got the max KE wrong. Will I lose marks for the max velocity in the next part or get error carried forward?

Im hoping OCR are lenient and give ecf. Otherwise that's like 5/6 marks gone.
Grade boundaries wise I'd think, considering it was (relatively) easy, not like the horror of the 2014 and 2015 papers,

A* - 50
A - 46
B - 42
..and so on...

You must have taken the wrong exam you drama student, you don't know what your talking about most likely because your comparing this paper to the one paper you've done which was 2014, a disgusting paper. You no gains piece of ****, fight me.
Reply 464
Didn't the binary star question say that the difference between R1 and R2 is 4.8*10^12m, not the distance? That's how I read it, and I got R1=2.4*10^12m and R2=7.2*10^12m. This gave me the total mass of S2 as 8.15*10^33kg. Does anyone agree with this?
Original post by Danny.L
*Prays*
If i got that right I think my chances of 100% ums are looking a little brighter.

I definitely used the radius of S2 to centre C, and the time period given in the question, and the time period converted from 4 years into seconds!
How could it possibly crop up my mind you had to add up both masses for Binary System bullocks (as someone here previously mentioned here) - this is beyond our spec, and where that method has cropped up it has been clearly addressed on other exam board specifications and shown in their past papers, never in our OCR A syllabus or past papers. Do you agree?

Our answer has got to be right!!
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd focus on G485 for now (unless you have C3 tomorrow:tongue:), that's where the bulk of the marks are (150 ums), so if you do well in that you might get that A*!

you forgot chemistry
Original post by Danny.L
TeacherCol, could you put my mind at ease for the Mass of S2?
I used keplers third law and rearranged to make M the subject
(4pi^2*(3.6*10^12)^3)/((6.67*10^-11)*(86400*365*4)^2)= 1.73*10^33
Dear god please be right.
Otherwise rip

this is the mass of c????
Wow, all these butthurt people. Yes it was slightly more difficult than previous year's but by no means should OCR 'rot in hell' or get '****ed' as many of you suggest. If you actually spent the time understanding the physics instead of slaving away doing past papers, notes and other memory work schemes, you might be a bit more appreciative of the content..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheFarmerLad
I did 92g minus instead of plus 8.25*(whatever the speed of the water was)*sin(55). Do you reckon this would this lose 1 or 2 marks for that 3 marker?

m1 and a1
Wow, all these butthurt people. Yes it was slightly more difficult than previous year's but by no means should OCR 'rot in hell' or get '****ed' as many of suggest. If you actually spent the time understanding the physics instead of slaving away doing past papers, notes and other memory work schemes, you might be a bit more appreciative of the content..

lol chill let them express their anger
Original post by lai812matthew
you forgot chemistry

Don't do chemistry:tongue:
Original post by UrAllBad
You must have taken the wrong exam you drama student, you don't know what your talking about most likely because your comparing this paper to the one paper you've done which was 2014, a disgusting paper. You no gains piece of ****, fight me.

Firstly, I am not a drama student.
Second, it's just my opinion, of course you may not have found it that way and I totally respect that.
Thirdly, I may be entirely wrong with the boundaries. I want low boundaries! I obviously don't want high boundaries, I want a good grade too!
Try not to be rude please.
m1 and a1

That means nothing to me :biggrin: do you mean I'll lose M1 and A1 (2 marks) or get M1 and A1 (lose 1 mark)? Have to admit it makes me chuckle, can't wait to see the Hitler video!
this is the mass of c????

c?
That means nothing to me :biggrin: do you mean I'll lose M1 and A1 (2 marks) or get M1 and A1 (lose 1 mark)? Have to admit it makes me chuckle, can't wait to see the Hitler video!

Really doesn't deserve one to be honest, wasn't as bad as people saying! There have been MUCH worser exams set by OCR - (cough cough G481 June 2015:colonhash:). This years OCR papers seem to be half descent!
Ffs and i sweated out all those experiments; the brownian motion and kinetic model sit.
Easier than last year.
For mass of S2, I used keplar's law with the period of S1 and R1 to find M1 and then used the ratio to find M2. If my mass is wrong how many marks do I lose?
Really doesn't deserve one to be honest, wasn't as bad as people saying! There have been MUCH worser exams set by OCR - (cough cough G481 June 2015:colonhash:). This years OCR papers seem to be half descent!

That one was fine, easier than this one imo (relative of course). I definitely haven't got over 80 in this paper however if I can get a nice 76-79 I'll be happy. Usually do much better in G485 than G484 in practice, hopefully this year will be no different (famous last words :wink: )
Original post by joeteeeeee
Lol **** off and suck a gigantic quivering vinegar tasting cock you pretentious ****wad

I thought you had to be over 17 to sit an A Level exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending