The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 G484 June 2016 [Module 1] [90UMS]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
reckon for the assumption you could put there is no time between the inversions of the tube?
Original post by cjc23
Didn't the binary star question say that the difference between R1 and R2 is 4.8*10^12m, not the distance? That's how I read it, and I got R1=2.4*10^12m and R2=7.2*10^12m. This gave me the total mass of S2 as 8.15*10^33kg. Does anyone agree with this?

I really hope it didn't say difference...
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Wow, all these butthurt people. Yes it was slightly more difficult than previous year's but by no means should OCR 'rot in hell' or get '****ed' as many of you suggest. If you actually spent the time understanding the physics instead of slaving away doing past papers, notes and other memory work schemes, you might be a bit more appreciative of the content..

Joeeeee basically abuses anybody who thinks they have done well because he hasn't.
Original post by saal180898

WHAT
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
WHAT

? I thought it said the the distance between the two stars (R1 + R2) = 4.8x10^12
Original post by TheFarmerLad
I thought you had to be over 17 to sit an A Level exam?

Nope I'm 16 :smile: homeschool
? I thought it said the the distance between the two stars (r1 + r2) = 4.8x10^12

exactly what i thought!
Original post by thephysio
Nope I'm 16 :smile: homeschool

It was a joke because joee's acting like a 10 year old
Original post by UrAllBad
You don't have to lie to make your dick look bigger. You have most likely got every calculation wrong and is right now in shell shock, it's ok but I'll guide you to your DDU triple Alevel combo you brain drama student.

It's a fair comment from me though. Physics papers lean both ways. I've struggled to get wordy questions correct, just because the mark schemes are so pedantic. Calculations suit candidates who do FM or SM, and wordy questions suit people who don't.
And as you seem to care, I didn't get them wrong. So saying that isn't really going to annoy me is it :smile:
Original post by UrAllBad
You must have taken the wrong exam you drama student, you don't know what your talking about most likely because your comparing this paper to the one paper you've done which was 2014, a disgusting paper. You no gains piece of ****, fight me.

Right... This doesn't even make any sense...

It said the distance between the planets not distance between r1 and r2
Original post by kevinwong
it said the distance between the planets not distance between r1 and r2

thank god.
If someone posts/PM's me the paper/questions then I'll post answers with workings.
thank god.

Was it 1.2*10^12 for R1 and 3.6*10^12 for R2 or something?
Original post by Pyslocke
Was it 1.2*10^12 for R1 and 3.6*10^12 for R2 or something?

Exactly what I got!
Exactly what I got!

And mass of the plant was?

distance. not difference.
Original post by Kevinwong
And mass of the plant was?

Plant? :redface:, do you mean planet :tongue:

I got something in the order of 10^33, I used Kepler's 3rd law and radius R2 and time period given in question, converted into seconds.
Plant? :redface:, do you mean planet :tongue:

I got something in the order of 10^33, I used Kepler's 3rd law and radius R2 and time period given in question, converted into seconds.

God I hope we're both right on this one :O

Quick Reply

Latest