The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine: poor GCSE Grades

Okay so basically at GCSE I had extenuating circumstances and so my grade are:
AAAABBBCC
AS:4A'S
A2 Prediction:4A*

I know how competitive medicine is hence why i am applying to other mediocre universities however I have been told that Cambridge like upward progression from GCSE to AS and so I was wondering what are the chances of me getting in, my extenuating circumstances hindered my performance immensely and I have countless medical documents to back it up, I have heard of people getting into Oxford/Cambridge with no A* at GCSE and one girl i know got into oxford with poor gcse grades, so what are my chances of getting in, should I even bother applying?
Original post by maths_geek234
Okay so basically at GCSE I had extenuating circumstances and so my grade are:
AAAABBBCC
AS:4A'S
A2 Prediction:4A*

I know how competitive medicine is hence why i am applying to other mediocre universities however I have been told that Cambridge like upward progression from GCSE to AS and so I was wondering what are the chances of me getting in, my extenuating circumstances hindered my performance immensely and I have countless medical documents to back it up, I have heard of people getting into Oxford/Cambridge with no A* at GCSE and one girl i know got into oxford with poor gcse grades, so what are my chances of getting in, should I even bother applying?

This question would be best answered by Cambridge itself, I suggest emailing them. If you have decent UMS scores, I think you still spot a shot.
Original post by Imperion
This question would be best answered by Cambridge itself, I suggest emailing them. If you have decent UMS scores, I think you still spot a shot.

Ah okay, I will email them, my UMS scores are above 90 in each subject
Original post by maths_geek234
Ah okay, I will email them, my UMS scores are above 90 in each subject

If so I think it's still worth applying. All the best, mate :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest