The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
Yes it was zero, it was straight out of one of the past papers too

I remember a very similar question with +Q, +Q, +Q and -Q from June 10 but this one had all +Q, so was zero (all cancelled).

How many more exams have you got left? C3 tomorrow, CHEM5 Weds, C4/S4 clas Friday, FP2 Monday, PHYA5 (with astro) Tuesday.

Crikey, scary thoughts!!
What did everyone get in the multiple choice for the Electric field strength in the square where all the charges were +Q?????
Original post by Cadherin
I remember a very similar question with +Q, +Q, +Q and -Q from June 10 but this one had all +Q, so was zero (all cancelled).

How many more exams have you got left? C3 tomorrow, CHEM5 Weds, C4/S4 clas Friday, FP2 Monday, PHYA5 (with astro) Tuesday.

Crikey, scary thoughts!!

Are you ready to get raped by chem 5?
Original post by palacefloor

chem5 shouldn't be that bad

That's the least of my worries, I love chem!!!

I thought CHEM4 was good actually (easier than PHYA4 today) but there were some hard application questions.

FP2 and S4 are more of a worry tbh, desperate for an A* in Further!
Original post by Lazarus26
What did everyone get in the multiple choice for the Electric field strength in the square where all the charges were +Q?????

Zero. This is a question from a legacy paper, which was then modified in June 2010 to be made harder (by changing one of the +Qs to -Q), and now seems to have popped back up in its original form.
Original post by Lazarus26

Zero, they all cancel
Can people list the MC questions that they remember?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marioman
Zero. This is a question from a legacy paper, which was then modified in June 2010 to be made harder (by changing one of the +Qs to -Q), and now seems to have popped back up in its original form.

Oh right, I only remember the June 10 one.
Original post by C0balt
It is likely, yes, but might get lucky and get a mark for rearranging or something

Hey, for the mc X to Y or Y to X thing, which direction did you work out it as?
Zero, they all cancel

Well thank **** for that :biggrin:
That's the least of my worries, I love chem!!!

I thought CHEM4 was good actually (easier than PHYA4 today) but there were some hard application questions.

FP2 and S4 are more of a worry tbh, desperate for an A* in Further!

I Iiked chem 4 a Iot but i havent had the time to revise chem 5 to the same standard so any weird appIication questions wiII most IikeIy rek me.
Original post by Yo12345
Can people list the MC questions that they remember?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe start a new thread for that?
Original post by Shrek1234
Maybe start a new thread for that?

I can't on my phone, could you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I Iiked chem 4 a Iot but i havent had the time to revise chem 5 to the same standard so any weird appIication questions wiII most IikeIy rek me.

Yeah, true...

For the CHEM4 I think I got somewhere in the 90s/100 - I hope that's full UMS given all the hate surrounding it (and 4 Hitler videos haha).
What I can remember---

What is the angular speed of a car wheel of a diameter 0.400m when the speed of the car is 108kmh^-1
What is the height of a geostationary satellite above Earth?
What are the maximum and minimum tensions in the string when performing circular motion? (I don't know the values)
What is the resultant electric field strength at P? (Centre of the square)
Which statement in the following is correct? (simple harmonic motion graph) - acceleration and displacement are in anti phase
What is the main reason high voltages are used in electric power transmission?
What is the emf induced due to the car's moving tyres? (can't remember the values, it was just Blv though)
In an elastic collision, what is conserved? Mass, kinetic energy, momentum and total energy are listed as potential options
There is a positive charge +Q, when a test charge is moved further away from this charge what happens? Does the potential stay the same, increase, decrease, etc..
Guyz i was just wondering are you suppose to tick the answer of multiple choice question on a pink sheet?
Original post by NVismvlol
What I can remember---

What is the angular speed of a car wheel of a diameter 0.400m when the speed of the car is 108kmh^-1
What is the height of a geostationary satellite above Earth?
What are the maximum and minimum tensions in the string when performing circular motion? (I don't know the values)
What is the resultant electric field strength at P? (Centre of the square)
Which statement in the following is correct? (simple harmonic motion graph) - acceleration and displacement are in anti phase
What is the main reason high voltages are used in electric power transmission?
What is the emf induced due to the car's moving tyres? (can't remember the values, it was just Blv though)
In an elastic collision, what is conserved? Mass, kinetic energy, momentum and total energy are listed as potential options
There is a positive charge +Q, when a test charge is moved further away from this charge what happens? Does the potential stay the same, increase, decrease, etc..

What was the e.m.f. one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
What was the e.m.f. one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember the value, you were given speed, length and flux density so you just had to use Blv

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending