The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F585 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Just a bit confused by the resource nationalisation part and how that effects supply side?
Omg I f***** up on 1b, the comparative advantage question, we're you meant to draw the trade barrier diagram? Because I did not! I only realised on literally the last minute that you were meant to do that, were you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 662
Original post by Lostrider
Omg I f***** up on 1b, the comparative advantage question, we're you meant to draw the trade barrier diagram? Because I did not! I only realised on literally the last minute that you were meant to do that, were you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so??
Original post by MrCoolVille
Just a bit confused by the resource nationalisation part and how that effects supply side?

I'm sorry I didn't reply! I didn't log back onto student room until now. Where you able to find another reason for why SS policies may not be key to growth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well i'm not sure about everyone else but that was a brilliant exam, hats off to OCR for making it as nice as it was!
Reply 665
Original post by charlieoakley97
Well i'm not sure about everyone else but that was a brilliant exam, hats off to OCR for making it as nice as it was!

I'm worried that it may have been too nice and that the grade boundaries are gonna be really high.. Always positive.. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trade barrier? No I don't think so. At least, no one I spoke to did the diagram as it didn't seem to be in relation to the question.
Original post by charlieoakley97
Trade barrier? No I don't think so. At least, no one I spoke to did the diagram as it didn't seem to be in relation to the question.

Really? Ok thank goodness for that, I was just have a nervous breakdown for half an hour.
What did you write for it?
How did you find the exam? I think other than that it was pretty nice, especially the last two questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Too easy.....wtf
Reply 669
What was the 2c question asking for? I didn't understand the wording.

Also is FDI a factor promoting globalisation or not?
Reply 670
Original post by lulus1

2c was just pros and cons of remittances for development
Original post by lulus1

Was 2c the one about remittances? It was just about how remittances lead to development (through top up of income, promoting small scale businedses) and how it doesn't (the actual amount of remittances sent back is very small and that it could lead to individuals not finding jobs because they depend purely on remittances)

I think the growth of MNC s could have been mentioned for the globalisation question but I'm not sure about FDI

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 672
guess i'm the only one that found it difficult... lol
I don't know if that was good or bad :/
Original post by f_p38
guess i'm the only one that found it difficult... lol

I don't think so, there were more difficult aspects of it which I suppose could have tripped people up
Let's just hope that nationally people didn't do well so the grade boundaries are low :P
Posted from TSR Mobile
The wording of the US current account deficit and exchange rate question confused me. I didn't understand what it was asking for.
Reply 676
I don't think so, there were more difficult aspects of it which I suppose could have tripped people up
Let's just hope that nationally people didn't do well so the grade boundaries are low :P
Posted from TSR Mobile

aha yees, idk why so many qs confused me!
Reply 677
Original post by 22.22
2c was just pros and cons of remittances for development

Sorry I meant 1c!! About the exchange rate and current account
Original post by Marshmallow21
The wording of the US current account deficit and exchange rate question confused me. I didn't understand what it was asking for.

What did you write? ?

I mentioned how a depreciation would work and how it appeared to be successful in reducing the deficit over the five years- I probably should have mentioned the Marshall Lerner condition being satisfied but I didn't :/

And then I said how even though it appreciated in 2007 the deficit actually fell and this might have been due to the recession so lack of demand for imports.

There's so much more I feel like I should have said but I just get panicky in exams hence why I didn't

Posted from TSR Mobile
wth what a horrid exam, absolutely horrific, didnt think it was a bloody eng lang exam like why have the questions got to be so darn ambiguous?! just ask me the question straight whats the point of making it like the bloody da vinci code or a question ive got a decipher its economics not english
absolutely fuming

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending