The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

How many marks was the capacitance energy question at the beginning of the written paper?
Original post by Nikhilm
Straight horizontal line, force is constant in uniform field

nice one, that's at least one guaranteed mark then lol

couldn't remember whether the question said the force when it moves itself, or when its position is changed
Original post by kingaaran
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466434828.667144.jpg

I was annoyed and just was like, **** it, and took it out of the room.

I have no time atm, but sometime this evening I will post the answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you start a new thread for it once you do it? I'll be (and probably others) revising for C3 so i won't be on SR all day
Original post by Nikhilm
How many marks was the capacitance energy question at the beginning of the written paper?

3 marks

I have no time atm, but sometime this evening I will post the answers

I wonder why they make us put our details on that booklet. :hmmmm:
Original post by splashywill
its probably C/B borderline, not bad

See... i need an A overall for my uni offer. I got good a good mark on my Isa, so do you think i could still pull off an A if i get a good grade in unit 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was weird that you had to fill out your details on the question paper when there's a separate answer sheet, but are you sure they didn't need that mate?
Original post by ombtom
Not too easy: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4176490

Remember that people who do well are more likely to tell you about it :tongue:

Yeah that's true :redface:
Reassuring that most people found it okay, I might still have a chance to get an A* if the boundaries aren't too high then. Yay :h:
Link please...
Original post by JC_Costales
See... i need an A overall for my uni offer. I got good a good mark on my Isa, so do you think i could still pull off an A if i get a good grade in unit 5?

What did you get last year?
What did you get last year?

An A.... but only just (245 UMS)
Original post by Nikhilm
I thought it was weird that you had to fill out your details on the question paper when there's a separate answer sheet, but are you sure they didn't need that mate?

who cares just lets get a picture of the inside bit
who cares just lets get a picture of the inside bit

Do you remember how many marks the capacitance energy q was right at the beginning of the written paper?
Original post by JC_Costales
An A.... but only just (245 UMS)

You'd probably need a high A if not an A* to be honest... it'll be tight- plus you might have done better in unit 4 that you think
Original post by Nikhilm
Do you remember how many marks the capacitance energy q was right at the beginning of the written paper?

maybe 3? there are 3 substantial steps so thats my guess.... but it is just a guess
Original post by Aethrell
nice one, that's at least one guaranteed mark then lol

couldn't remember whether the question said the force when it moves itself, or when its position is changed

Sorry but no actually, F=EQ and E=V/d so F=VQ/d. So it would have been the reciprocal graph. The electric field strength is constant, not the force
wha gwarn and salah malekum hit mans up wiv some flux linkage to the unofficial mark scheme if uz know what man means
Original post by study.bud
Sorry but no actually, F=EQ and E=V/d so F=VQ/d. So it would have been the reciprocal graph. The electric field strength is constant, not the force

F = EQ. If E is constant, as you said, so is F

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by study.bud

It was a uniform field mate, E is constant and so F is constant, it was a ppq
Original post by mclancy1998
wha gwarn and salah malekum hit mans up wiv some flux linkage to the unofficial mark scheme if uz know what man means

Um actually have no clue wtf you're saying

Quick Reply

Latest