The Student Room Group

Protostar's journey to amazing grades! (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Aw :frown: I'm sorry don't worry do you have another paper?

Yup...Further maths paper 2....I hope to ace that one now...cuz I've got like four days until that paper...I got enough time to revise...

🏹🍆Never under estimate the power of a common pikachu🍆🏹
Original post by mypetpikachu
Yup...Further maths paper 2....I hope to ace that one now...cuz I've got like four days until that paper...I got enough time to revise...

Yeh good luck for that one :smile: Also work hard for that one :smile: Time runs fast remember :biggrin: We've gotten very serious lol
Yeh good luck for that one :smile: Also work hard for that one :smile: Time runs fast remember :biggrin: We've gotten very serious lol

Haha yh..finally...lol..

Gl. I received 7 A*s in my gcse's (did them last year im in year 12) so we can be A* buddies if you get the same lol. English language let me down (A) due to coursework moderation and exam being the usual meh. Computing also (A) just due to coursework. I also did additional maths got a C but I hear further maths gcse is easier (ad maths contains wierd out of usual edexcel spec stuff... its ocr and contained parts of M2 which is done in year 13 Lol)
Good luck for today's exam. Idk but i swear you said you had one :smile: Anyways, how did revision go on Sunday ? :smile:

Thank you - yeah I had two! They both went pretty well though, well further maths was better than biology but I knew it would anyway :tongue:
Revision didn't go that well yesterday as I was quite busy doing other stuff, but I managed :smile:

How was paper 1 for you? I found it really good, although there was one question I spent about 25 minutes on and still ended up guessing the answer lmao

I also had a moment of panic in that exam as for some reason it only just hit me that these aren't mocks??? Haha I'm stupid. I managed to control it quickly though :smile:
Original post by pereira325
Gl. I received 7 A*s in my gcse's (did them last year im in year 12) so we can be A* buddies if you get the same lol. English language let me down (A) due to coursework moderation and exam being the usual meh. Computing also (A) just due to coursework. I also did additional maths got a C but I hear further maths gcse is easier (ad maths contains wierd out of usual edexcel spec stuff... its ocr and contained parts of M2 which is done in year 13 Lol)

Wow they're such great grades! I really hope I can match them, and tbh I think I'm on track to :smile:
Yeah I've heard about add maths, I've looked at a paper before and been like what the hell is this?? Haha yeah further maths is quite nice,it's AQA and the only things not in the edexcel spec is simple calculus, matrices and some more complex geometrical stuff really. It's not that hard in theory but they try and make their questions a little bit mean haha. Wow A2 maths in there? I mean I'll be doing it eventually but I'd kinda want to wait until I was in year 13 lol.
20/06/2016 - Afternoon update
20 DOWN, 3 TO GO...
I can taste the freedom!!

Two exams today, and I am exhausted! The first one was Biology B7, which I was incredibly nervous for as I don't think I've ever been less prepared for a science exam in my life! However it was ok, and I don't think it went badly. Then the second one was further maths, which after some thinking I've accepted that I think it went quite well. I haven't checked any unofficial mark schemes yet though, so I'll have to do that in a bit for some closure.

So, biology. IT'S OVER FOREVER OMG 🎉🎉🎉
The paper shouldn't have been that difficult, and that now worries me. I think that the grade boundaries are going to be sky high and I don't think I've done quite as well as I'd hoped. I mean I know I haven't like completely flopped it, but I have mixed feelings about how it went. Hopefully I've done enough in the other 2 papers and my coursework to still cling on to that A*!!

Further maths was great :biggrin:
There was one question that I just could not answer at all - I spent a good 25 minutes on it and everything! The weird thing was, t wasn't supposed to be one of the "hard" ones - it was only question 6!!! I just could not do it at all. It was only 4 marks though, so hopefully I won't have lost many more than that elsewhere. Although saying that, paper 2 is where I pick up the majority of my marks anyway (come on A^, please be mine!! :biggrin:)

But yeah, obviously I'm still to check unofficial mark schemes so this is simply opinion based. Hopefully they won't change too much!!

Current totals:
:biggrin:: 12
:smile:: 6
:s-smilie:: 2
:frown:: 0
:mad:: 0
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NiamhM1801
20/06/2016 - Afternoon update
20 DOWN, 3 TO GO...
I can taste the freedom!!

Two exams today, and I am exhausted! The first one was Biology B7, which I was incredibly nervous for as I don't think I've ever been less prepared for a science exam in my life! However it was ok, and I don't think it went badly. Then the second one was further maths, which after some thinking I've accepted that I think it went quite well. I haven't checked any unofficial mark schemes yet though, so I'll have to do that in a bit for some closure.

So, biology. IT'S OVER FOREVER OMG 🎉🎉🎉
The paper shouldn't have been that difficult, and that now worries me. I think that the grade boundaries are going to be sky high and I don't think I've done quite as well as I'd hoped. I mean I know I haven't like completely flopped it, but I have mixed feelings about how it went. Hopefully I've done enough in the other 2 papers and my coursework to still cling on to that A*!!

Further maths was great :biggrin:
There was one question that I just could not answer at all - I spent a good 25 minutes on it and everything! The weird thing was, t wasn't supposed to be one of the "hard" ones - it was only question 6!!! I just could not do it at all. It was only 4 marks though, so hopefully I won't have lost many more than that elsewhere. Although saying that, paper 2 is where I pick up the majority of my marks anyway (come on A^, please be mine!! :biggrin:)

But yeah, obviously I'm still to check unofficial mark schemes so this is simply opinion based. Hopefully they won't change too much!!

Current totals:
:biggrin:: 12

Well done for ur exams today...I'm sure you did great in ur biology...for me the further maths was half hell...✌️

Well done for ur exams today...I'm sure you did great in ur biology...for me the further maths was half hell...✌️

Aw no really? What went wrong?
Everyone in my class that I spoke to found it lovely!
Aw no really? What went wrong?
Everyone in my class that I spoke to found it lovely!

Well tbh..I did spend most of yesterday sleeping..so I kinda deserved it..the first half went great and then the second half was very confusing...

Well tbh..I did spend most of yesterday sleeping..so I kinda deserved it..the first half went great and then the second half was very confusing...

Mine was the other way round! First half was hell but the second half was lovely!
Although I did lie I think...to try and get an answer as I knew what I was trying to get but couldn't actually get there lmao
And I'm sure you've done fine :smile:
Mine was the other way round! First half was hell but the second half was lovely!
Although I did lie I think...to try and get an answer as I knew what I was trying to get but couldn't actually get there lmao
And I'm sure you've done fine :smile:

Seriously..u must be really smart to find the second half easy...I was just sooooo done with that paper at the end...

Seriously..u must be really smart to find the second half easy...I was just sooooo done with that paper at the end...

Haha, well a mark in the first half and a mark in the second half are still the same amount of marks, so it doesn't matter where you get them really :smile:
And I wasn't - I wish we had more time!!!
22/06/2016 - Evening update
21 DOWN, 2 TO GO...
Just one more day of exams left! Must...keep...going!

Today I had dun dun dun...Chemistry C7! :eek3::eek4:
However, it went surprisingly well to say that I was almost certain I was going to completely flop! :biggrin:
I mean some questions I did guess, but they were pretty damn good guesses as most of them were actually right!
But now...CHEMISTRY IS OVER FOREVER!!!:woo:

Today I was meant to start on Physics revision but I just never did. Oops. I'll definitely get a lot of it done tomorrow as its a subject I like so I should be motivated (gotta work for that 100UMS :wink:) but I am going to town too so who knows how much time I'll have. I've also got to squeeze in some further maths practice, god knows where that's gonna go. Anyhow, feeling positive after today :biggrin:

Current totals:
:biggrin:: 13

One last push and then it's all over!
21 DOWN, 2 TO GO...

However, it went surprisingly well to say that I was almost certain I was going to completely flop! :biggrin:
I mean some questions I did guess, but they were pretty damn good guesses as most of them were actually right!

Today I was meant to start on Physics revision but I just never did. Oops. I'll definitely get a lot of it done tomorrow as its a subject I like so I should be motivated (gotta work for that 100UMS :wink:) but I am going to town too so who knows how much time I'll have. I've also got to squeeze in some further maths practice, god knows where that's gonna go. Anyhow, feeling positive after today :biggrin:

Current totals:

Aw...well done...so glad about that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw...well done...so glad about that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you - I'm glad too! :h:
21 DOWN, 2 TO GO...

Current totals:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done Niamh !!! Keep going !!! Your amazing at maths don't worry about it😊 Keep up the hard work 😁
(edited 7 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done Niamh !!! Keep going !!! Your amazing at maths don't worry about it😊 Keep up the hard😉

U forgot to finish ur sentence nisha...lmao...

Posted from TSR Mobile
U forgot to finish ur sentence nisha...lmao...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't pikachu lol 😂 ok ok chill

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending