The Student Room Group

entry requirement query

I am interested in applying to a Russel group university however most of them ask for a grade B in GCSE maths however i only have a grade C. Does this mean that they won't consider my application at all? Am I wasting an option by applying to a Russel group university? I have 5A's, 2B's and 3C's at GCSE and i have just finished my AS exams.
Reply 1
Personally contact the departments of your uni emailing your situation to them. But only do this when you get your actual grades.

If they say no, retake GCSE maths in november.
Original post by MCKP
I am interested in applying to a Russel group university however most of them ask for a grade B in GCSE maths however i only have a grade C. Does this mean that they won't consider my application at all? Am I wasting an option by applying to a Russel group university? I have 5A's, 2B's and 3C's at GCSE and i have just finished my AS exams.

It is quite likely that any university, not just those in the Russell Group, will reject your application in these circumstances. GCSE grades in Maths and English Language are often used as a first filter. However, as you point out not all of them have the same requirements, so choose wisely. Alternatively, resit your Maths GCSE.

In addition, while all RG unis are 'good', not all 'good' unis are in the RG - Bath, St Andrews, Lancaster and Surrey, for example.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending