The Student Room Group

OCR sociology g673 + g674

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if it's possible for Thursday's exam that they could ask a 20 mark question on one factor (e.g. class) followed by a 40 mark question for a different factor (e.g. age)? I know you get an option between two questions but I'm talking about the same question (hope that makes sense).

Also, I've just come across a question "Outlineand assess functionalist explanations of social inequality." - Since the 20 mark question was just on class, would this 40 mark question just be on class? It sounds rather vague.

Thanks.
Did anyone choose Q3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by needanewusername
Does anyone know if it's possible for Thursday's exam that they could ask a 20 mark question on one factor (e.g. class) followed by a 40 mark question for a different factor (e.g. age)? I know you get an option between two questions but I'm talking about the same question (hope that makes sense).

Also, I've just come across a question "Outlineand assess functionalist explanations of social inequality." - Since the 20 mark question was just on class, would this 40 mark question just be on class? It sounds rather vague.

Thanks.

The 20 and 40 markers tend to be related...it's unlikely that they would be different topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gal cool
Did anyone do the education questions?

Yes! I did the Functionalism one and the Policy one! Although I wasn't even planning to go near policy.
What about you?
Original post by owlmadd
Yes! I did the Functionalism one and the Policy one! Although I wasn't even planning to go near policy.
What about you?

Ooo I did the same qs

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does everyone think will come up in G674? I'm dreaaddding it
Does anybody have any postmodern theorists and theories for ethnic inequality G674 they wouldn't mind listing briefly for me? I seem to be lacking any relevant theories in this section ;_;
For question 2 on crime and deviance, I didn't really talk about subculturalism, I wrote about Murrays social underclass, Caspi and Moffit's independence to relate it to age, crisis of masculinity to talk about males, and then rational choice to talk about them all. Do you think thats okay? :/
What came up last year on g674-education????
What came up last year on g674-education????

15 marker respondent- validation within sociological research
25 marker- knowledge and understanding of focus group interviews
20 markers- class inequality is functional for society
-males and females continue to be unequal in the UK
40 markers- gender is the most important form of social inequality
-class inequality exists in the UK
Original post by owlmadd
15 marker respondent- validation within sociological research
25 marker- knowledge and understanding of focus group interviews
20 markers- class inequality is functional for society
-males and females continue to be unequal in the UK
40 markers- gender is the most important form of social inequality
-class inequality exists in the UK

Thank u so much for this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank u so much for this. Do u know the other two questions that came up too as an option?

That's it. You only get 6 questions for G674
Yeah sorry I wrote that by mistake
Original post by owlmadd
What about you?

What policies did u include for the policy question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CookieMonster786
What policies did u include for the policy question

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Education Reform Act
Sure start
Bursaries etc

I didn't know many at all! I didn't plan on even answering a policy question
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by owlmadd
The Education Reform Act
Sure start
Bursaries etc

I didn't know many at all! I didn't plan on even answering a policy question

Oh I didn't add education reform act...I'm so stupid I thought it wasn't relevant. I added in quite a few but only wrote about 2 sentences for each and then started to talk about chubb and moe and New Right even though I think it's wrong...I just needed something to fill the lines lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CookieMonster786
Oh I didn't add education reform act...I'm so stupid I thought it wasn't relevant. I added in quite a few but only wrote about 2 sentences for each and then started to talk about chubb and moe and New Right even though I think it's wrong...I just needed something to fill the lines lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spoke about Chubb and Moe and New right too, and felt unsure! Can't be that bad if we both thought to do it
On to the next one! Here's 2015 G674 paper for those interested. If you guys let me know about what your/your teachers predictions are, i can do a prediction list for G674 too.
Original post by absentislands
On to the next one! Here's 2015 G674 paper for those interested. If you guys let me know about what your/your teachers predictions are, i can do a prediction list for G674 too.

My teacher said ethnicity and age is most likely to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by absentislands
Okay so from looking at past paper questions + my *****y teacher's predictions + predictions from this thread, for G673 the topics that may come up, ranging from most likely to least are;

- Age and Crime (has never come up)
- Ethnicity and Crime
- Policies for solving crime
- Self - report studies
- Class and Crime (links with marxism)
- Official Statistics
- Subculturalist explanations of crime
- Victim Surveys
- Functionalist explanations of crime (god i hope not)

Ones i'm not sure about;
- Police and courts construction of crime
- Victimization
- Location and Crime
- Feminist solutions to crime???

If you guys have any suggestions and modification let me know! I think i should do one for G674 too.

Wow, i was pretty spot on with the first two predictions i put as most likely. I didn't expect them to combine age, gender and class so i put class further down. Although i did not expect Left Realism...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending