The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Eeeek so big day today, I've registered for my graduation!

I've finally received my first first of final year and I've had my methods and materials draft looked over for my dissertation very little has been changed :yep: so its looking up!
It sounds like things are going well for everyone recently!

I've also booked my graduation. It's set for July. We are only guaranteed 2 tickets to the main room, with the chance of being able to buy another one at a later date if there's space. I really hope I can get another ticket because I want my grandma to come. :frown:
Original post by rayquaza17
It sounds like things are going well for everyone recently!

I've also booked my graduation. It's set for July. We are only guaranteed 2 tickets to the main room, with the chance of being able to buy another one at a later date if there's space. I really hope I can get another ticket because I want my grandma to come. :frown:

It's the same for us in regards to tickets, but with us our tickets are raffled of :frown: so I'm being hopeful for 3- 2 for my grandparents and one for the boy.
When is your graduation in July?

------

dissertation update- I've cracked another section but I'm scared to send it off to be reviewed :redface: its the results section, I'm hoping it won't need many changes but it's only the first draft so I might send it off with my corrected methods. All going well its 1627/6000 words; I'm really worried it's going to fall short of the word count. As it stands I have 6 things to bring into the introduction but I'm not sure if I can bring in a figure- I'd love to but I'm not sure if it's possible. With the discussion I have to link 8 things together. I then have to do a short reflective statement and acknowledgements.
I'm sure I'm panicking over nothing :redface:

and I still have an essay/ paper review to do...due in for the first week back, same time as my dissertation draft and my dissertation viva :cry2:

My back is also playing up as is my throat which is slightly swollen and it hurts to swallow but I can't see a doctor till next thursday :cry2:

Can I have a cuddle please?
Original post by lilGem
It's the same for us in regards to tickets, but with us our tickets are raffled of :frown: so I'm being hopeful for 3- 2 for my grandparents and one for the boy.
When is your graduation in July?

------

dissertation update- I've cracked another section but I'm scared to send it off to be reviewed :redface: its the results section, I'm hoping it won't need many changes but it's only the first draft so I might send it off with my corrected methods. All going well its 1627/6000 words; I'm really worried it's going to fall short of the word count. As it stands I have 6 things to bring into the introduction but I'm not sure if I can bring in a figure- I'd love to but I'm not sure if it's possible. With the discussion I have to link 8 things together. I then have to do a short reflective statement and acknowledgements.
I'm sure I'm panicking over nothing :redface:

and I still have an essay/ paper review to do...due in for the first week back, same time as my dissertation draft and my dissertation viva :cry2:

My back is also playing up as is my throat which is slightly swollen and it hurts to swallow but I can't see a doctor till next thursday :cry2:

Can I have a cuddle please?

19th :smile:
Raffled? So you aren't guaranteed a ticket?

Hope you get well soon :smile:
19th :smile:
Raffled? So you aren't guaranteed a ticket?

Hope you get well soon :smile:

we're guaranteed 2 tickets, if we want more the rest are raffled off :smile:

Ah mine is on the 20th :woo:

I think it might just be the intensity of finals and dissertation catching up to me :lol:
Original post by lilGem
we're guaranteed 2 tickets, if we want more the rest are raffled off :smile:

Ah mine is on the 20th :woo:

I think it might just be the intensity of finals and dissertation catching up to me :lol:

Oh right. Well fingers crossed you get some extra tickets. :smile:

In other news, I've just bought a car... Test is booked for 3 weeks time, but I there was a really good deal the car I wanted.
Oh right. Well fingers crossed you get some extra tickets. :smile:

In other news, I've just bought a car... Test is booked for 3 weeks time, but I there was a really good deal the car I wanted.

good luck for your test :h:

Hope you get your extra tickets too!
Original post by lilGem
good luck for your test :h:

Hope you get your extra tickets too!

prsom
thank you :smile:
Back again for a quick update. Gonna scroll through the thread and see what you guys have been up to :awesome:. I miss this chat sometimes :frown:

I left my shitty part time job in the club :awesome:. The last 3-4 weeks were pretty awful, the job and people were really starting to impact on my mental health, and I felt myself dipping back into how I felt last year when I was really down, had anxiety and panic attacks quite a lot. But I've just been helping my dad on the farm since then and that's really helped. Taking myself away from negative people allowed me to get back on track with life again, and I genuinely feel happy again, which is awesome.

I'm waiting to hear back about my assessment centre for a really important job I applied for. Just gotta wait another 2-3 weeks. I've also applied to an internship which I really want. Hopefully hear back in the next few weeks, too.

But yeah, the most exciting thing... In a few months, I'm moving in with my boyfriend! And we're... moving to Dublin! He got an awesome job offer down there to start in June, so he'll be moving down then. I'm gonna be moving permanently down once my lease on my Belfast house is up in August, but until then, I'll probably be spending most of my time down there with him, anyway. Gonna be applying to a shitload of jobs and internships (much better opportunities in Dublin than Belfast for sure, so it's a good move for me, career wise, too). Luckily if I get an internship before August, he doesn't expect me to be able to pay half the rent or anything, but I'll still be able to accept and have somewhere to live :awesome:.

I'm so so excited for the next few months. The worst case scenario is I get offered the job I've applied for and we have to do without seeing each other Monday-Friday (but I still have to pass another 2 stages and then I have to wait until they have a position for me, so even if I do get it... it could be another year until I'm starting it. So I'm not waiting and putting my life on hold while I wait for something which *might* happen). And even if that does happen, we've discussed it, and we'll make it work.

So yeah, from about May onwards I'll be going on a massive job hunt in Dublin (because we'll have a place sorted by then- it's risky me applying now because I have absolutely no money to afford two rents, and my boyfriend probably can't afford to cover rent from right now because he's only starting to put money together for a house deposit :/). Just gotta keep working until then and try save some money so I can pay most off this rent off in my Belfast house as quickly as possible. I have £900 left to pay until the end of my lease, and I have £400 saved up (but I also need that for fuel/to live off). Hopefully it'll be fine :smile:

But yeah, adulting. It's hard. Take me back to being a firstie in uni pls, life was easy then.
Hello, it's me. I've been wondering after all these weeks if it's the right time for me to post again. :tongue:

Anyway, I was on here before Easter with study plans and all that jazz. Well, things have been going downhill since then. I keep telling myself that I will be okay and get through this, the end of the semester is so close, you've been working so hard till now, blah, blah, blah. I will get in gear, eventually I hope. Sick of having exams before my actual exams, damn you Modern Languages!

Hope everyone else is doing okay at the moment. Good luck on your move Snailsareslimy! :smile:
Dissertation bound and submitted :woo: Just finals to go now :scared:
I am in essay writing hell right now. Remind me never to procrastinate again. :coffee:
Original post by carehow
I am in essay writing hell right now. Remind me never to procrastinate again. :coffee:

:hugs: you can do it
---------

first final on thursday and then my last undergraduate exam is on the 9th :eek:
got my last university essay back and it's a first which means for my first exam tomorrow I'm on a first for my exam tomorrow!

but it means I have my first final tomorrow! :cry2:

9 days until I get my dissertation mark (provisionally)
Reply 2594
Anyone know how to work out what you'll need to get in your exam to get a 60% upwards mark overall in your module, by working out coursework grades too?
Original post by waitup
Anyone know how to work out what you'll need to get in your exam to get a 60% upwards mark overall in your module, by working out coursework grades too?

There are grade calculators online :smile:
Google search

Posted from TSR Mobile
Say what?! I had my last undergraduate exam yesterday which means my degree is done :eek:

Pass list is released on the 7th July and graduation is on the 20th :woo:

So thankful to everyone on this thread :hugs:

The boyf and I made it through 3 years of LDR-ing

and after 4 exams (last 2 being 8/9th and moving back home today) I am so ready to sleep!

but yay! I did uni- hopefully :biggrin:
I am graduating with a First! So thrilled and excited, makes all the stress and tears worth it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninegrandstudent
I am graduating with a First! So thrilled and excited, makes all the stress and tears worth it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! that's brilliant :party:
Still hasn't sunk in that I've finished uni. Results won't be released until next month but I've accepted the fact I'm highly likely (read almost certain) to get a 2:2 as my final classification which will mean I'm nothing more than a massive waste of time and money. Feel so terrible even though I have a job lined up for September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending