The Student Room Group

Does coursework bring down the marks required on the paper?

I hope CW brings down the amount of marks needed for the grade you are aiming for in the exam. Can anybody please help!!!
It generally does, given that your coursework mark is very high.
The higher the coursework mark, the less effort you have to put in to try and get the best grade possible.
Original post by nwmyname
The higher the coursework mark, the less effort you have to put in to try and get the best grade possible.

Thanks buddy! :wink:, but you have to help me out here:

I have a middle A* on Coursework

I got 57 on Paper 1 = A (only 2-3 marks off the A* according to the unofficial markscheme)

An A* on Paper 2 (62/85) - again, from the unofficial mark scheme!

Will that mean my overall grade is an A* (If I actually got those marks on the Paper)?
Original post by TSR-Radioactive
Thanks buddy! :wink:, but you have to help me out here:

I have a middle A* on Coursework

I got 57 on Paper 1 = A (only 2-3 marks off the A* according to the unofficial markscheme)

An A* on Paper 2 (62/85) - again, from the unofficial mark scheme!

Will that mean my overall grade is an A* (If I actually got those marks on the Paper)?

Yep absolutely, why not.
Hope you do get it.
Original post by nwmyname

So lets say I receive a borderline A*, and my coursework is a B and counts 25% to final grade, does this mean that my final grade will definitely be brought down to an A?
Hey guys. I'm doing OCR gateway further additional science b. Can someone tell me what overall grade i will get if my coursework was an A* and i got a B in both test papers for B5C5P5 and B6C6P6. Or if i got an A* in my coursework and an A in the B5C5P5 test and a C in the B6C6P6 test ?
Original post by Plshelppls
So lets say I receive a borderline A*, and my coursework is a B and counts 25% to final grade, does this mean that my final grade will definitely be brought down to an A?

u haven't given the subject, exam board, UMS or anything loool how is anyone meant to know just from a few numbers? The likelihood is if you have an A* in CW you can drop to an A in one exam and still get an A* overall, if you receive a borderline A* and ur coursework is a B it just makes sense that it will probably be brought down to an A, check the UMS and stuff on the exam boards website

Quick Reply

Latest