The Student Room Group

Nissan takes Legal Action against LEAVE Campaign - Huge Embarrassments Keep Coming

On the 23rd Feb 2016, Nissan publicly announced that it was pro remain, however recently the leave campaign have been repeatedly citing them and putting their logo in their leaflets, without their permission, implying they are pro leave.

After several unsuccessful attempts to get the leave campaign to remove their name and logo, Nissan is now taking legal action against the Leave campaign - that just shows that the leave campaign like many of their other claims are misleading *cough*£350M*cough* and not truthful.

To add on to this embarrassment even further. The heads of GE, Unilver and Airbus sent a furious letter to the Leave campaign asking them to stop citing them in their leaflets and using their logos without permission to imply that they are pro leave.

It hasn't been a very good few days for Leave Campaign - first Nigel's banner, then the heads sending this letter, then Baroness Warsi switching sides and now they are being taken to court... Oh dear.

Here are the articles:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-nissan-to-take-legal-action-against-vote-leave-campaign-over-leaflet-a7091556.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-heads-of-unilever-airbus-and-ge-accuse-leave-campaign-of-using-their-names-for-a7084126.html
I do not know who to believe here
Original post by Proximo
It hasn't been a very good few days for Leave Campaign - first Nigel's banner, then the heads sending this letter, then Baroness Warsi switching sides and now they are being taken to court... Oh dear.

To be fair, the banner was effective, and would probably appeal to quite a few Breixiteers, and I think everyone had forgotten Warsi existed until she surprised everyone by saying she had been in Leave, and was switching.
Original post by MildredMalone
To be fair, the banner was effective, and would probably appeal to quite a few Breixiteers, and I think everyone had forgotten Warsi existed until she surprised everyone by saying she had been in Leave, and was switching.

Whether or not people knew she was in leave is irrelevant. The fact is everyone now knows that she WAS in leave but now has switched to remain - damage done

Original post by Mathemagicien
I thought it was all synthetic outrage over the banner

Doesn't matter - fact leave got stick for it when it was unveiled, rightfully or wrongfully, damage was also done here
Original post by MildredMalone

To forget something existed, you would have to know it existed in the fist place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Esoteric-
To forget something existed, you would have to know it existed in the fist place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha fantastic lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending