The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IrrationalRoot
Yep I did it :smile:. Didn't notice the tsr thing because I stopped looking at solutions (got too lazy) when I was fairly convinced I'd done it right XD. Nice Q though.

Original post by EnglishMuon
haha yea when im fairly convinced i sometimes dont bother too. but I was wondering what you got for the very last part about the error delta phi?

Oh lol thats probably why I couldnt find the solution XD I used the oxbridge page site and must have the papers mixed up! But that may mean there are still STEP questions Ive yet to complete!....
Original post by EnglishMuon
Oh lol thats probably why I couldnt find the solution XD I used the oxbridge page site and must have the papers mixed up! But that may mean there are still STEP questions Ive yet to complete!....

Yeah I was also using the oxbridge page up til recently when I realised a few of the papers were not there (instead there were the corresponding I papers in the wrong place). So yeah you might have a few papers you've never seen :smile:.
Btw the actual 1992 III Q6 was a really nice one :biggrin:.
Original post by drandy76
Any longer than 35 mins and you might as well not show up for the exam tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just did it in 25 min. Phew, I'll be allowed in.
Original post by EricPiphany
Just did it in 25 min. Phew, I'll be allowed in.

Proud of you bro, how are you for chemistry on Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Proud of you bro, how are you for chemistry on Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol. I won't have time to prepare for chemistry i dont think. will wing it.
lol. I won't have time to prepare for chemistry i dont think. will wing it.

Don't have step 3 luckily so I could probably sneak some revision in tomorrow between football games

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't have step 3 luckily so I could probably sneak some revision in tomorrow between football games

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye, it couldn't hurt to remember some of those colours.
Ye, it couldn't hurt to remember some of those colours.

I know the chromium ones because of oxidation and that will have to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know the chromium ones because of oxidation and that will have to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get purplex10^4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I get purplex10^4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No clue what that means fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did II 1989 Q5 in my M1 exam, nice Q.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Anyone else done III 2015?

Think it might just depend on preferences,
I found it the same as most other papers, whereas I found 2013 really nice even though the boundaries were similar to usual
Hmm, I guess so

I found 2013 pretty average, although the applied was nice

Its a tad worrying how individual performance varies so much depending on what Siklos threw in the paper, then

Yeah, that has crossed my mind before...
C'mon Siklos, complex numbers and vectors galore.

Spoiler

Reply 2074

I felt like that with 2010, it seemed suspiciously easy considering it was 56 for a 1 and 78 for an S that year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweeneyrod

Spoiler

Hmm. I found 2015 harder than average, in fact. Some of the applied questions were sort of doable but many of a pure were a horror for me
Any online sources for OCR fp3 I can go over during the summer or should I just read over the topics independently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2077
Any online sources for OCR fp3 I can go over during the summer or should I just read over the topics independently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once the summer comes, you should just completely stop worrying about exam boards totally. Pick up books or lecture notes for tripos or w/e.
Original post by Zacken
Once the summer comes, you should just completely stop worrying about exam boards totally. Pick up books or lecture notes for tripos or w/e.

True I guess, tired of missing out on all the DE, complex numbers, vectors fun you guys all get up to in step 3, will look into some material this weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken

I can't wait to drag myself (screaming and fighting back) through the Dynamics and Relativity notes. I failed once before but this time I have 3 months to beat it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending