The Student Room Group

Do you let your pets sleep in your bed with you?

Scroll to see replies

Personally I wouldn't - that's what pet beds are for.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I swear, when *if* I get married, hubby can sleep on the floor.

With that attitude you'll end up as a crazy cat/dog lady. :wink:
Original post by fr0sr_
With that attitude you'll end up as a crazy cat/dog lady. :wink:

I'm already crazy.
I have two dogs.
It's already happened.

I mean, we would still have sex and whatever, I just like having the bed to myself.
Original post by Spock's Socks
Poll included

I've had pets all my life and even from a young age, I had my cat and dog at the time sleeping on the bed with me. Years on all four of my cats are allowed to sleep up on the bed and most nights they do or they sleep in their own beds or they hiding spots around the house. I've never seen anything wrong with sharing a bed with your pets and I'd be lost without having them within arms length from me during the night or not being woken up with a paw tap on the nose or a wet nose rub on my cheek :love:

So do/did you guys let your pets sleep with you or if you don't have any pets now, do you think you would ever let your pets sleep on your bed if you have any in the future?

Yes! Rhaegar is a big fan of being little spoon :colondollar:
When my cat lived with me she sleeps on my bed - she's very well behaved and stays in her own space down the end :biggrin:

The snails sleep in their tank though :yep:
No definitely not. He sleeps in his crate, we sleep in our bed, in a different room.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Yes! Rhaegar is a big fan of being little spoon :colondollar:

I always imagined Rhaegar would be big spoon
Yeah I let my kutti sleep with me.
Reply 48
Yes but only the human ones.
Original post by Blue_Mason
No, as that is unhygienic.

If you wash regularly the pet should be okay.
It's not the case of do I let them sleep with me its a case of I can't move them from the bed when they get there
Original post by KatieBlogger
If you wash regularly the pet should be okay.

Cats n dogs navigate around parks and pavements.
Original post by blue_mason
cats n dogs navigate around parks and pavements.

and what do humans do? ****ing float?
Original post by KatieBlogger
and what do humans do? ****ing float?

Humans can take daily baths n showers.

I take a shower before bed and I wear clean pjs
You cannot wash a dig or a cat on a daily basis, because they're animals
Reply 54
To those who think its unhygienic to let a cat or dog sleep on your bed - what if the animal is an indoor cat for example? Would that be acceptable since they don't go outside and then the person bringing in germs from the outside would be you and not the animal? Or would it still be too unhygienic in your eyes?

Interested to hear peoples views as like I said, my pets slept beside me since I was a kid so I don't know any different but wouldn't ever change but its interesting to hear other peoples views

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
ngl, seeing as my pet is a horse I would be quite worried for both of our safety if it tried to share/sleep in my bed 😂😂😂
Yes i do but my dog is so selfish she only sleeps on my bed if i stroke her belly. I feel really used sometimes :frown: My parents kick her off while im offering my whole bed for her..... *sigh*
Original post by Spock's Socks
To those who think its unhygienic to let a cat or dog sleep on your bed - what if the animal is an indoor cat for example? Would that be acceptable since they don't go outside and then the person bringing in germs from the outside would be you and not the animal? Or would it still be too unhygienic in your eyes?

Interested to hear peoples views as like I said, my pets slept beside me since I was a kid so I don't know any different but wouldn't ever change but its interesting to hear other peoples views

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does not really matter as animals are not supposed to share a bed with humans, and I am shocked that your parents would let a pet sleep in your bed during your childhood.
And there is not really such a thing as an indoor cat, as cats are adapted to take advantage of the outdoors as they have survival instincts.
Unless that cat is spoiled or just lazy, but cats are supposed to roam freely and go hunting for rodents.
i don't have a choice, my cat sleeps on the pillow next to me and won't leave all night (he hates being away from me:h:)
As a germophobe, no thanks. Do you guys even know the amount of bacteria they carry?! For all those who voted yes, you guys need to take care of your hygiene, like seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest