The Student Room Group

How difficult would this combinations of A-levels be?

I start applying to colleges in October and I want to take chemistry, history, maths and politics but I'm worried the work load could be too much? How heavy are those subjects + what would you recommend?
It really depends on the person and how long you are prepared to work on a subject every day.
I personally wouldn't find this combination too bad but A levels in general all have a lot of content to learn and understand.
Some people revise longer and better when they take subjects they enjoy.
But, if you are prepared to put work in you should be fine!
Good luck :smile:
It's fine, don't think it won't make you want to cry because it will be so much and so hard. it will, but just work hard and you'll be fine. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
It really depends on the person and how long you are prepared to work on a subject every day.
I personally wouldn't find this combination too bad but A levels in general all have a lot of content to learn and understand.
Some people revise longer and better when they take subjects they enjoy.
But, if you are prepared to put work in you should be fine!
Good luck :smile:

thank you :smile:
The workload for Maths isn't too much as long as you keep up in lessons and make sure you understand everything as you do it.
Chemistry is a bit harder. Some topics are extremely easy but some require work outside of lesson to really grasp and get your head around - if I found a topic hard, I usually just watched a YouTube video on it in one of my free periods.
Can't really speak for the other two as I do Maths, Chemistry, Physics, and Computer Science.
Feel free to ask me any further questions.

Quick Reply

Latest