The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere?
Here is my mark scheme. Only got hold of the paper today. It was indeed a long paper (even longer when you have to draw your own diagrams!)

https://1drv.ms/b/s!ALt0vQqZgjKy42U

Mr Ward
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by forthetillerman
is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere?

Here is my mark scheme. Only got hold of the paper today. It was indeed a long paper (even longer when you have to draw your own diagrams!)

Mr Ward
Original post by ward309

Mr Ward

Awesome cheers - anywhere from around 59-64 marks. I'm confident this is an A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ward309

Mr Ward

You've left D out of your scheduling.

It's a lot tighter then.
For the algorithm question. Where they ask which value should be X. You wrote it was due to it being an integer. If I were to write as the x value would never equal zero sending the algorithm into an infinite loop, would that give me marks?
For the min bound for the gaant chart I still got 5 but I put the wrong time (6.5) and activities, would I lose both marks?
Original post by Raaaas
For the min bound for the gaant chart I still got 5 but I put the wrong time (6.5) and activities, would I lose both marks?

I think I did the same as you. I think there may be more than one time because I remember seeing two options but chose the earlier one so I think we're still both right.
Original post by 4nonymous
I think I did the same as you. I think there may be more than one time because I remember seeing two options but chose the earlier one so I think we're still both right.

Yeah, but looking at his chart there only seems to be one answer?
Was your time 6.5?
Original post by Raaaas
Was your time 6.5?

Yh it was. hmm not sure now?
Original post by 4nonymous
Yh it was. hmm not sure now?

Lets pray this markscheme is wrong lol, but if it is right, do you think we'd drop one or two marks?
Apart from the scheduling that markscheme is all correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raaaas
Was your time 6.5?

day 6.5 is also 5 workers. Multiple justifications possible here
Original post by tiny hobbit

It's a lot tighter then.

Yes, you're correct I did miss D. Therefore 4 workers must be used. I have attached a possibility.
Original post by ward309
Yes, you're correct I did miss D. Therefore 4 workers must be used. I have attached a possibility.

I've managed it in 3, but do tell me if I've made a mistake:

AEGIN (36)
BDJM (34)
CF (1 gap) H (1 gap) KL ((36)
I've managed it in 3, but do tell me if I've made a mistake:

AEGIN (36)
BDJM (34)
CF (1 gap) H (1 gap) KL ((36)

I would need to draw it but seems good
Original post by ward309
I would need to draw it but seems good

What do you think grade boundaries will look like
55/56 for an a?

It's a lot tighter then.

Wait I am confused. I used 4 workers in my last part but a lot of people say it can be done using 3. ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cogito.
Wait I am confused. I used 4 workers in my last part but a lot of people say it can be done using 3. ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done it with 3 (see above post) and I don't think I've made any mistakes. I used "latest start times" to choose which activity to start next.
Heya, you guys might be interested in this maths challenge which is related to D1 :yay: Might be a fun revision break :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending