The Student Room Group

M2 wjec 2016- Official thread

i couldnt find any M2 threads for WJEC so i thought id make one because i need all the help i can get, anyone got any revision tips or resources that might help?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Alisahussain1
i couldnt find any M2 threads for WJEC so i thought id make one because i need all the help i can get, anyone got any revision tips or resources that might help?

I've moved this to the maths exam forum :h:

@Fox Corner

Hi there! I added this thread to the A Level Exam Thread Directory (which you can find here). Use it to find other exam discussion threads and let me know if there's any I've missed out and I'll add them in :parrot:
Why is M2 so hard yet the grade boundaries so high? >.< It's not even as repetitive as the usual maths papers.
Tagging some people who I know are sitting this exam, just so we don't get two threads in parallel after the exam....
It's probably too late for this, but I found this, if anyone wants to use it to revise: http://www.14-19nw.org.uk/course/view.php?id=348.
Original post by Hydeman
Tagging some people who I know are sitting this exam, just so we don't get two threads in parallel after the exam....

Ah, it might surprise you that I'm not doing this one, but rather AQA M2!
Yes it's weird, my school does WJEC Maths and AQA Further Maths...
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Ah, it might surprise you that I'm not doing this one, but rather AQA M2!
Yes it's weird, my school does WJEC Maths and AQA Further Maths...

That is weird. :s-smilie:
Consider yourself lucky; much of what's in M3, a further unit, in other specs is in M2 for WJEC. :L
Original post by Hydeman
That is weird. :s-smilie:
Consider yourself lucky; much of what's in M3, a further unit, in other specs is in M2 for WJEC. :L

Well AQA have from M1 to M5 so wouldn't be surprised! Although I'm only doing M1/M2 (and we've got M1 tomorrow :smile:).

Will definitely be covering a bit more mechanics after the exams since my mechanics is not brilliant and M1-M2 does not constitute too much knowledge either. Haven't done any stats whatsoever for a year though and don't intend to do anymore within the next few months :lol:.

Oh and btw, consider yourself lucky that WJEC don't have decision modules haha.
Well AQA have from M1 to M5 so wouldn't be surprised! Although I'm only doing M1/M2 (and we've got M1 tomorrow :smile:).

Will definitely be covering a bit more mechanics after the exams since my mechanics is not brilliant and M1-M2 does not constitute too much knowledge either. Haven't done any stats whatsoever for a year though and don't intend to do anymore within the next few months :lol:.

Out of curiosity, are you doing further as well? I need to know whether or not to hate you for dragging up the grade boundaries for us single maths people. :lol:

Edit: Shows how delirious I am with exam stress, given I just asked you something you already told me less than an hour ago. :colondollar: Consider the dislike official. xD

Oh and btw, consider yourself lucky that WJEC don't have decision modules haha.

Doesn't D1 have a reputation for being the easy module? :K: I spend much of my time wishing that my school had allowed us to do M1/S1 instead of insisting it be either M1/M2 or S1/S2.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Out of curiosity, are you doing further as well? I need to know whether or not to hate you for dragging up the grade boundaries for us single maths people. :lol:

Edit: Shows how delirious I am with exam stress, given I just asked you something you already told me less than an hour ago. :colondollar: Consider the dislike official. xD

Doesn't D1 have a reputation for being the easy module? :K: I spend much of my time wishing that my school had allowed us to do M1/S1 instead of insisting it be either M1/M2 or S1/S2.

But I'm not bringing up the WJEC Further Maths grade boundaries! :frown:

Yeah it does lol, but to most mathematicians it's pretty useless, especially if you're doing STEP where you'd want to do as many mech modules as possible for your applied A-Level modules.
Although this might sound weird, I found it much easier to 100% FP1 than D1. I did like 15 D1 past papers and in not a single one did I manage to get full marks lol. FP1 on the other hand was nice and easy to full :smile:. Was also a lot more enjoyable, D1 was just a drag.
How did everyone find that?
quite a reasonable paper tbh
any one got the paper?
any one got the paper?

Nope. Should materialise soon though.
How did you find it?
how did people do the cannon question?
But I'm not bringing up the WJEC Further Maths grade boundaries! :frown:

True, but you are bringing up C3/C4 boundaries, and those are my main concern (if I can get 180/200 across the two, then the M2 result is irrelevant since I'll have met both conditions for the A*). :tongue:

Yeah it does lol, but to most mathematicians it's pretty useless, especially if you're doing STEP where you'd want to do as many mech modules as possible for your applied A-Level modules.
Although this might sound weird, I found it much easier to 100% FP1 than D1. I did like 15 D1 past papers and in not a single one did I manage to get full marks lol. FP1 on the other hand was nice and easy to full :smile:. Was also a lot more enjoyable, D1 was just a drag.

I suppose it's not very enjoyable for real mathematicians like yourself, but an average A Level maths student would prefer that to the mechanics modules, I think. xD
yeah, not bad tbh. I wasn't keen on the big blocks of questions with no parts and the momentum was a nice surprise (would not have managed that if i didn't do physics though) what did people get for k in the first question? i got 1.5 but most people i spoke to had different :/
Original post by siri29
how did people do the cannon question?

Momentum before = momentum after for part a).
Can't remember part b) but I did do it.
Part c) was F = (m(v - u))/t, I think. You had to use time = distance/speed first though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending