The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Rounding at the end is always the best thing to I would say :smile: "giving your answers to the nearest integer" --> means the final thing, not anything before that you know?

Sorry to bother you just wanted a quick question
Why is the denominator +4/3 and not -4/3
Does anyone know what the typical grade boundaries are for C3? I take it they are usually lower than C1, C2, S1 and M1?
Original post by David_Waddell
Does anyone know what the typical grade boundaries are for C3? I take it they are usually lower than C1, C2, S1 and M1?

Download the Edexcel UMS mark converter from their website and bob's your uncle.
Original post by Marccs
Sorry to bother you just wanted a quick question
Why is the denominator +4/3 and not -4/3

when you divide, you subtract powers. If you do the top one minus the bottom, you get -2/3 - 2/3 = -4/3 on the top. X^-4/3 is the same as 1/x^(4/3).

If you do the bottom minus the top, you get 2/3 - (-2/3) = 4/3, so you already have x^(4/3) on the bottom.

See?
Reply 924
could anything more difficult than in the Gold 4 paper come up??

1466452762929.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

A* and A should be 90% and 80% respectively
Original post by SeanFM
Download the Edexcel UMS mark converter from their website and bob's your uncle.

I've yet to meet my uncle Bob I miss him everyday ;( lol
Original post by patrick21_1
Hi, is this the same as inverse functions?

They are if you mean f^-1(x). But the thing that confuses me is when we have to use them for calculations... :s-smilie:
Reply 929
Original post by Don Pedro K.
when you divide, you subtract powers. If you do the top one minus the bottom, you get -2/3 - 2/3 = -4/3 on the top. X^-4/3 is the same as 1/x^(4/3).

If you do the bottom minus the top, you get 2/3 - (-2/3) = 4/3, so you already have x^(4/3) on the bottom.

See?

Thank You :smile:
Best of luck for tomorrow everyone! :smile:
Original post by Jay_O
could anything more difficult than in the Gold 4 paper come up??

I'm currently nearly finishing off the Gold 4 paper, I don't find it too hard :s-smilie:

I've only done 2 of the gold's, the first and the fourth, is 3 or 2 worth doing?
Reply 932
Is a ONE-TO-MANY function the same as a discontinuous function?

In other word, can I say that if we want to find the inverse function, it must be continuous?
As much as I love hearing about the different exam boards, this is an Edexcel thread so please just stop talking about AQA, no one cares
Original post by Marccs
Thank You :smile:

Haha np :smile: Just a disclaimer, I am not 100% sure if my reasoning is correct, but that is what makes sense to me :s
Reply 935
Original post by particlestudent
I'm currently nearly finishing off the Gold 4 paper, I don't find it too hard :s-smilie:

I've only done 2 of the gold's, the first and the fourth, is 3 or 2 worth doing?

I have just finished G4 and got 63/75 with a few silly mistakes, similar with S3. I found both okay, Im unsure on G3 though. Might be worth a look? How are you getting on?
Just to clarify, for the Iteration formulas do you use radians or degrees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does everyone feel so far? I'm feeling pretty confident. Last year's paper was quite difficult so hopefully a bit easier this year :smile:. Hope I can get full UMS so I can relax a bit for C4
If I've been averaging low A*'s in edexcel gold papers and solomon papers do you guys reckon I could get full ums in the actual thing tomorrow?
Original post by Azzer11
Just to clarify, for the Iteration formulas do you use radians or degrees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will be specified in the question

Did people find last years paper difficult? It's been one of the easier papers I've done mainly due to the lack of trig lol, although the grade boundaries were only 65 for an A* so people must've found it pretty difficult.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending