The Student Room Group

AQA Roman Epic -the Aeneid Discussion

Scroll to see replies

question 10 june 2013
Original post by pbjane
What kind of question could come up for women? I want to practice one but there aren't any to go on

for a 20 i would look at the role of women in the Aeneid
for a 40 perhaps 'how do you think Romans in the reign of Augustus would have viewed the portrayal of both mortal and divine females in the Aeneid?'
obviously this is me just guessing, but following these formats your able to revise all the women.
debating whether or not to quickly try and look over Turnus and Pallas :afraid:
Hi what is the virtue "Eppielas"? It is mentioned in a mark scheme somewhere.
feeling so nervous for tomorrow, everyone seems so well prepared, I've made notes up to book 10 and i have no motivation left haha, its my last exam as well :s-smilie:
Original post by Wingsly
feeling so nervous for tomorrow, everyone seems so well prepared, I've made notes up to book 10 and i have no motivation left haha, its my last exam as well :s-smilie:

no i'm not prepared, i only started revising yesterday, I'm screwed for the first 5 marks as i will have no clue and unless one 20 mark is on either Aeneas or political propaganda and the 40 mark on the other I'm screwed, in 13 hours my exams will all be over
Original post by Wingsly

Same here! Don't worry it'll all go smoothly when you get in there just write what you know and throw in some bits about Augustus and bam A**** for you! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Classics7979
no i'm not prepared, i only started revising yesterday, I'm screwed for the first 5 marks as i will have no clue and unless one 20 mark is on either Aeneas or political propaganda and the 40 mark on the other I'm screwed, in 13 hours my exams will all be over

Tbf stuff like that basically comes up all the time in just differently worded ways, and 5 markers mean so little half the time if you can just recall a characters name you can get a mark! I'm nervous as hell but at least it'll be over tomorrow :smile:
Original post by classicscrazy
Tbf stuff like that basically comes up all the time in just differently worded ways, and 5 markers mean so little half the time if you can just recall a characters name you can get a mark! I'm nervous as hell but at least it'll be over tomorrow :smile:

I'm just hoping for a nice paper after the tragedy one
Same here! Don't worry it'll all go smoothly when you get in there just write what you know and throw in some bits about Augustus and bam A**** for you! Good luck :smile:

aw thank you :redface:, good luck to you as well! :smile:

oh my god the tragedy paper was awful i thought i was the only one who thought that
Original post by Wingsly
oh my god the tragedy paper was awful i thought i was the only one who thought that

i was so annoyed, i revised practically every other 40 question and saw myth and forgiveness and was so confused about what to write, i just sat and starred at the invigilator for ages trying to think of what to write
i was so annoyed, i revised practically every other 40 question and saw myth and forgiveness and was so confused about what to write, i just sat and starred at the invigilator for ages trying to think of what to write

i literally had no idea for both them - i went with forgiveness because it seemed easier but it was still horrible :0, hopefully if everyone found it nasty then maybe the marks might be more generous :crossedf:
I am sooo scared! How do you guys structure your 40 markers???
does anyone have any examples of how Ascanius acts impulsively or on his own accord which could be portrayed as selfish? :please: :please: :please: I'm just structuring my essays by different aspects of the question, e.g. propaganda, positive propaganda in regards to aeneas, few paragraphs, negative in regards to aeneas, bit of context about the poem, positive in regards to general stuff not necessarily relevant to aeneas and the same negative then other aspects of how it's more than a propaganda poem and my personal opinion
does anyone have any examples of how Ascanius acts impulsively or on his own accord which could be portrayed as selfish? :please: :please: :please:
does anyone have any examples of how Ascanius acts impulsively or on his own accord which could be portrayed as selfish? :please: :please: :please: I'm just structuring my essays by different aspects of the question, e.g. propaganda, positive propaganda in regards to aeneas, few paragraphs, negative in regards to aeneas, bit of context about the poem, positive in regards to general stuff not necessarily relevant to aeneas and the same negative then other aspects of how it's more than a propaganda poem and my personal opinion
does anyone have any examples of how Ascanius acts impulsively or on his own accord which could be portrayed as selfish? :please: :please: :please:

The only thing I can think of where he's done a bad thing is book 7 where he kills deer (I think it's a deer at least) which everyone loves helping drive the war- it's not exactly his own accord as Allecto sort of drove him to madness but it's the only impulsive thing I think of. You could argue that he would have done it anyway following the hunting Aeneas does in book 1 so his aims to please his father are ultimately bad for his people? I won't lie I'm lacking knowledge in book 7 so I have no idea if that has any weight!

The tragedy was absolute shite so I'm praying this one goes well
classic
The only thing I can think of where he's done a bad thing is book 7 where he kills deer (I think it's a deer at least) which everyone loves helping drive the war- it's not exactly his own accord as Allecto sort of drove him to madness but it's the only impulsive thing I think of. You could argue that he would have done it anyway following the hunting Aeneas does in book 1 so his aims to please his father are ultimately bad for his people? I won't lie I'm lacking knowledge in book 7 so I have no idea if that has any weight!

No I wasn't able to think of other examples either, I read notes online about him and it said he was often young, immature and acted when it suited him and I couldn't think of any examples apart from that one, I'll put it down anyway
Good luck everyone! We are Aeneas and Turnus is aqa and we will kill him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending