The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Spanish 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by olmyster911
What question did people put "emplee" for?? I can't remember that:s-smilie:

it was about El Hierro and it said something aboutthe government 'no quiere que emplee combustibles fosiles' so it was subjunctive.
Well thats the one I put it for , lol im probably wrong
Original post by cxstaway
it was about El Hierro and it said something aboutthe government 'no quiere que emplee combustibles fosiles' so it was subjunctive.

I don't remember having to write anything for that section :o:o ??
Original post by charlotte_1874
Did anyone do question 13b on themes relevant for young people today for La Casa de Bernarda Alba?

Yes I did! But I ran out of time to finish it properly :frown:
I don't remember having to write anything for that section :o:o ??

no it wasn't written, it was just a letter in a box dont worry you didnt miss a section out or anything haha :smile:
Original post by Espero247
Yes I did! But I ran out of time to finish it properly :frown:

same my third point was so ridiculously short and pointless, i've definitely lost a good few marks because of it :frown:
no it wasn't written, it was just a letter in a box dont worry you didnt miss a section out or anything haha :smile:

Thank god:colondollar: Was that the section where you had to select the finisher to the sentence or something of the sort?
Thank god:colondollar: Was that the section where you had to select the finisher to the sentence or something of the sort?

yep x
Reply 327
Original post by MMMMM22
Also I'm curious. What did you do in your gap year since you are resitting outside of school and what did you do regarding university applications extc

How did you knowwwwww haha.

I just reapplied through UCAS again and was lucky to get my offers again this year cos I ended up with AB(in Spanish just missed an A) and a D for maths so have been redoing the maths course with a tutor once a week all year and with Spanish I just did it myself and had some email contact with my old teacher over the past few weeks!
Original post by AlfieH
How did you knowwwwww haha.

I just reapplied through UCAS again and was lucky to get my offers again this year cos I ended up with AB(in Spanish just missed an A) and a D for maths so have been redoing the maths course with a tutor once a week all year and with Spanish I just did it myself and had some email contact with my old teacher over the past few weeks!

I was just interested because I might do the same just in case in Spanish I miss out by a Few marks cus grade boundaries. If you don't mind can I know which universities you applied to?
Reply 329
Original post by MMMMM22
I was just interested because I might do the same just in case in Spanish I miss out by a Few marks cus grade boundaries. If you don't mind can I know which universities you applied to?

I got offers for History from UCL, Kings, LSE and Queen Mary - yeah I wanna be in London.
Original post by AlfieH
I got offers for History from UCL, Kings, LSE and Queen Mary - yeah I wanna be in London.

Hi i was wondering if you could give me views about if nottingham/ Kings/southampton/reading would accept my application since you are resitting this year.I finished year 13 this year and exams and in my AS i got AABU so i dropped the U in maths. I am thinking of applying for Business/International Management + spanish which is an AAB course and i think i will achieve in my a levels BBB with each of them close to the grade boundary 5-10 ums. I was wondering if i went on gap year to spain for 6 months to try and improve my speaking and work there which is related to what i want to study got predicted grades AAB from my former teachers and resat 2-3 A2 modules in my gap year if i would get accepted by these universities and how they would look upon resetting outside of gap year.Many Thanks
Reply 331
Original post by MMMMM22
Hi i was wondering if you could give me views about if nottingham/ Kings/southampton/reading would accept my application since you are resitting this year.I finished year 13 this year and exams and in my AS i got AABU so i dropped the U in maths. I am thinking of applying for Business/International Management + spanish which is an AAB course and i think i will achieve in my a levels BBB with each of them close to the grade boundary 5-10 ums. I was wondering if i went on gap year to spain for 6 months to try and improve my speaking and work there which is related to what i want to study got predicted grades AAB from my former teachers and resat 2-3 A2 modules in my gap year if i would get accepted by these universities and how they would look upon resetting outside of gap year.Many Thanks

Universities don't see retaking exams or gap years in a negative light, I don't think. Especially if you prove you're doing something productive aside just retakes, which in your case you are doing.

Just write your PS statement and really focus on the productive stuff you'll do in your gap year. You may even get some unconditional offers!
Original post by AlfieH
Universities don't see retaking exams or gap years in a negative light, I don't think. Especially if you prove you're doing something productive aside just retakes, which in your case you are doing.

Just write your PS statement and really focus on the productive stuff you'll do in your gap year. You may even get some unconditional offers!

Thanks for your answer!!
Really you think unconditional offers? What makes you think so?
Reply 333
Original post by MMMMM22
Thanks for your answer!!
Really you think unconditional offers? What makes you think so?

I didn't get an unconditional offer first time around but I did this year from Queen Mary.

If you have good grades (BBB is good!) and they really like your PS then it makes life easier for them to sometimes make an unconditional offer.
Original post by AlfieH
I didn't get an unconditional offer first time around but I did this year from Queen Mary.

If you have good grades (BBB is good!) and they really like your PS then it makes life easier for them to sometimes make an unconditional offer.

You think i would get offers for AAB even with BBB? I'm asking because the one at Nottingham which is AAB is only 10 places
I feel like for spanish i could be on the boundary. like AS i will be either over A or just under same with A2 have no idea about orals but felt they went a lot better but again depends on who your examiner is
Reply 335
Original post by MMMMM22
You think i would get offers for AAB even with BBB? I'm asking because the one at Nottingham which is AAB is only 10 places
I feel like for spanish i could be on the boundary. like AS i will be either over A or just under same with A2 have no idea about orals but felt they went a lot better but again depends on who your examiner is

Sure - as long as your teacher predict you AAB!
Original post by AlfieH
Sure - as long as your teacher predict you AAB!

When you spoke to your teachers about resitting and about needing obviously predicted grades, what did you say to them when you were asking about what you needed or did you do any work to show them that you could get those predicted grades. Just curious about the process.
Also when did you hear back from all the universities about whether you got an offer or not and did any of them interview you?

No I think you're right, it was definitely subjunctive and that was the only one that worked :smile:
Original post by onlythewall
are you sure it was grabó? i said gravó lol apparently gravar is a word though

I think they wanted grabó from the word grabar, to film
Reply 339
Original post by MMMMM22
When you spoke to your teachers about resitting and about needing obviously predicted grades, what did you say to them when you were asking about what you needed or did you do any work to show them that you could get those predicted grades. Just curious about the process.
Also when did you hear back from all the universities about whether you got an offer or not and did any of them interview you?

I didn't have any interviews no. I got all of my offers by the end of January having applied in November.

My teachers were absolutely fine because they knew that I didn't do as well as I should've in year 13 so they predicted me what I needed (AAA) and helped me draft my personal statement again and that was that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending