The Student Room Group

Boyfriend confessed to having feelings for work colleague, but still loves me

Hi all, I really need somewhere to vent as I feel like I can't talk to anyone about this.

A couple of weeks ago I found out my boyfriend and one of his work colleagues had developed feelings for one another. May I add that she has a partner aswell. He confessed when I confronted him but said that they had not acted on their feelings as he loves me etc etc. The thing is, is that she was my friend and I feel totally betrayed by her now. Some days I wake up and think I can face her but other days I want to literally punch her in the face. Her partner ended it as soon as he found out but now they are giving it another go.

I don't like the fact that my boyfriend and her have to work together still. I appreciate their honesty, but I'm really hurt and finding it difficult to try and move on as normal. Don't get me wrong, my boyfriend and her have both heard exactly how I'm feeling and they have both agreed to put more effort into their own relationships and less texting each other. I just don't know where to go from here. I love him unconditionally, and he loves me. We want a future together. We moved away for work purposes and we like it where we are.

I just don't know if I can form a friendship with her again. I would never put someone through that. She used to come around ours for dinner and drinks and it was nice. I now feel she was just worming her way in to get in there with my chap. I would appreciate if anyone could give me advice if they've been in similar situations, thanks.
Reply 1
forget her, dump him

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's odd that you've concentrated more on her part to play in this and your friendship, rather than your relationship with your boyfriend.

Clearly your boyfriend does not love you as much as you would like to think he does, if he has developed feelings with someone else. Take it from someone with experience; if you truly love someone you won't be swayed by other options.

I suggest you have a good think about your current relationship. Not saying it can't work, but there's a big issue here you need to address. As for the situation with his colleague, it's up to him to deal with it appropriately. There's not much you can do since it's a professional setting, but I would advise setting boundaries such as no texting at all, and keep their relationship entirely about the work.
Leave him, it's a bit of a mess now. :/
Best to stop talking to both of them.
Original post by Eternalflames
Leave him, it's a bit of a mess now. :/
Best to stop talking to both of them.

this

why would her partner leave her lol

not the full story ur told..

they have both agreed to put more effort into their own relationships and less texting each other.

LMAO @ him still texting her

stop getting cucked OP
(edited 7 years ago)
Leave him
kill his dog
Original post by Batmansdad
kill his dog

Aww, no what did the poor dog do to her? :rofl:

She should have the dog attack him! :colone:
Wtf, why do some guys think it's acceptable to do this.
Like just ****ing sort your life out if you think you can love more than one girl at the same time then expect your significant other to be fukin happy about it.
I suggest leave him ASAP.
Don't waste your time on such an extended relationship fam!

Okay, lots of love, Jeremy core-bin.
Original post by Eternalflames
Aww, no what did the poor dog do to her? :rofl:

She should have the dog attack him! :colone:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/21/11/3474113400000578-3602177-image-a-45_1463825459608.jpg
Original post by Nellie91

A couple of weeks ago I found out my boyfriend and one of his work colleagues had developed feelings for one another. May I add that she has a partner aswell. He confessed when I confronted him but said that they had not acted on their feelings as he loves me etc etc.

I'm not really clear what actually *happened* - It's not unusual to find other people attractive even if you're in a relationship but it's rather disrespectful if he's been getting close to her, even if nothing "happened".
you're blinded by love right now, you can forgive him but not your friend? He betrayed you the same exact way. I don't think any of them are worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending