The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Teacher training support group on FB - find coursemates and share resources.

www.facebook.com/groups/TeacherTraining1617/
Where are you looking to Train? Ive just graduated with a first and thinking of doing this too. apparently they're accepting students in computer science at this time without any interviews as there's quiet a shortage of computing graduates who want to become teachers.
Hi, bit late to the thread!! Haha I've been accepted on to an Early Years PGCE at Sheffield Hallam, school direct route. Passed my QTS exams! Very excited, is anyone else doing this?

Danielle
Original post by Dannii-clough
Hi, bit late to the thread!! Haha I've been accepted on to an Early Years PGCE at Sheffield Hallam, school direct route. Passed my QTS exams! Very excited, is anyone else doing this?

Danielle

Hi! I'm doing the SEN Primary PGCE school direct route at Sheffield Hallam. Do you have welcome/induction days on 5th/6th?
Hi :smile:
Has anyone bought a teachers' planner? I'm considering getting one of the Pirongs ones but I'm not sure how useful it will be in my training year.
Original post by Dominique95
Has anyone bought a teachers' planner? I'm considering getting one of the Pirongs ones but I'm not sure how useful it will be in my training year.

It'll be as useful as it is to an established teacher. Some use official planners and some use the backs of envelopes. If you're the kind of person who uses this kind of thing, then get one. If not, then tailor make something that suits you better. There's precious little scope for independence in teaching nowadays, so seize one opportunity when it comes along.
Original post by Dominique95

I find my planner very useful, so whilst you're working out the sort of teacher you are I would recommend getting one. Try using it for a while once you're teaching, and if it doesn't feel right you'll know not to get one next year.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It'll be as useful as it is to an established teacher. Some use official planners and some use the backs of envelopes. If you're the kind of person who uses this kind of thing, then get one. If not, then tailor make something that suits you better. There's precious little scope for independence in teaching nowadays, so seize one opportunity when it comes along.

Very good point, thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by tory88
I find my planner very useful, so whilst you're working out the sort of teacher you are I would recommend getting one. Try using it for a while once you're teaching, and if it doesn't feel right you'll know not to get one next year.

Good point, I think I'll go for it, thanks! :smile:
Anyone doing PGCE Further Education and training/Post-compulsory education?? Xx
Hi, I have secured a place at bishop grosseteste university to study on a pgce in secondary art and design starting this September.
Just wondering if anyone else has, or is planning on studying a pgce secondary in art and design or studying on the secondary pgce at bishop grot?
:tongue:
congratulations, did you get that in apply 2, I have interview next week PGCE Mathematics.
Hi meme12. No BG was my first choice and I was very lucky to get accepted on the evening of my interview. I had my interview and was offered the place in February on the condition that I passed my QTS skills tests, which I completed in May 😊 I have an induction day on Monday! Just wondering if anyone else would be studying there or studying art and design?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3693
Hi, I've accepted a place to study a Chemistry PGCE and applied to student finance for a tuition fee loan, is there anything I need to do to ensure I receive the bursary?
Original post by lj1096
Hi, I've accepted a place to study a Chemistry PGCE and applied to student finance for a tuition fee loan, is there anything I need to do to ensure I receive the bursary?

No, your course provider sorts that out on your behalf.
Hey!

I need help!

Im due to attend the assessment day with the Royal Society of Chemistry on Monday for the teaching scholarship, however i have come down with (what i believe to be) food poisoning. I emailed them today to explain this as asked if i could attend another assesment day, however i have got nothing back (as its a Saturday i expected this). What do i do? Do you think they will cancel my application because of this, im really worried as i really want this teaching scholarship but there is no way im well enough to make it down to London :frown:

Thank you!
Original post by lisalou22
Hey!

I need help!

Im due to attend the assessment day with the Royal Society of Chemistry on Monday for the teaching scholarship, however i have come down with (what i believe to be) food poisoning. I emailed them today to explain this as asked if i could attend another assesment day, however i have got nothing back (as its a Saturday i expected this). What do i do? Do you think they will cancel my application because of this, im really worried as i really want this teaching scholarship but there is no way im well enough to make it down to London :frown:

Thank you!

There may be other assessment days (although it is quite late in the year) so I'm sure they'll understand. They may potentially ask for a doctor's note, though, so it may be worth asking for one just in case.
I checked and there are more assessment days, thank you for your response - can they cancel my application upon this basis? I cant help being ill :frown:
One of the schools I was recommended to organise a placement with for my PCGE has responded positively. Hopefully will get accepted for 2017 entry!!
Original post by lisalou22
I checked and there are more assessment days, thank you for your response - can they cancel my application upon this basis? I cant help being ill :frown:

They shouldn't be able to, but they could fill all places before you arrive. If there are more days, this is not going to happen. Get in contact as early as possible tomorrow and then you will know more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending