Are you racist?

Scroll to see replies

Racist, no. Patriotic bordering on jingoistic, yes, :france:
Reply 21
Original post by Results
Everyone's a little racist.

This is clearly not true.
Original post by hchc
For instance, imagine you're in a fire and there are 2 other people, one of whom is the same race as you, the other is a different race. If you could only save one, nearly all, if not all of us would save the one who was the same race as us.
That's true

I would save the black person before I would save the white person.

Original post by hchc
I think we're all racist, to some degree. Even if we're not overtly racist like certain people in the media, within us all there is some subconscious racism.
Again. I agree.

Original post by hchc
Or another situation which you may have encountered: you are in a supermarket and have a choice of 2 empty tills, again one tiller is the same race as you, the other isn't. I bet most people here, rushed to make their mind up, have chosen the tiller who is of the same race as them.
Again. Very true again and in fact I have personal experience of this. I used to work as a steward were we had to let people in for concerts. So you had me (A black man) one side and you had white man on the other side. So people walk up, hand us their ticket, we rip it off and they walk away to the concert.

I swear and this approx but it was at least 80% of people headed for the white guy. Now from white people I expected that. So I did not bat an eye, but I got that from non whites to the same degree and thing which showed me it was more deeper than a random choice, was that I was the first in their eye line and I'm 6ft 3. So they had to walk past me to get to the white guy.

Even the white guy was little embarrassed, so we switched places and it was still the same 80% ratio. I also noticed that with women the ratio was far worse. The women went to white guy by over 90%, the guys were kinda "What ever* but still went to the white guy.

Now of course the people who done this would claim they are not racist, but it's subconscious.
(edited 7 years ago)
No, but I'm Islamophobic. It is a disgusting and fascist ideology that is spreading too quick to manage at the moment; it is a threat to western civilisation and must be contained. People are so quick to jump on Islamophobia as "racism", but they're not a race. Mark my words, the UK will be outnumbered by Muslims by 2050.
Nope, I hereby proclaim that I am not.
Regarding a person dating/marrying someone is just a matter of ones preference, it's not like you hate them.

Original post by Sarpedon
No, but I'm Islamophobic. It is a disgusting and fascist ideology that is spreading too quick to manage at the moment; it is a threat to western civilisation and must be contained. People are so quick to jump on Islamophobia as "racism", but they're not a race. Mark my words, the UK will be outnumbered by Muslims by 2050.
I am a Muslim and yes I understand your Islamophobia, there are some extremist ideologies and methodologies that people have within the religion and that exists in many other religions too. Islam on the hand is just more mainstream / on the spotlight , but generally, it's a very peaceful religion. It comprises of around 2 billion followers .You probably have't been along many Muslims. Regarding your fear of Muslims taking over UK, well to be honest, if people are embracing the religion in high numbers and Muslim immigrants are welcomed, then you can't really help it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jenderekuality
If not, then to what extent?
Are there certain races you wouldn't date/ want your family to date?
Just wondering.
Honest responses please.

The term "racist" is a tool for ideological disarmament and has no fixed, objective meaning.

To answer your second question, yes. I would want my children to date other people of European descent. Especially any daughters. Both to facilitate the continuation of my people's culture and way of life and to avoid the usual cultural conflicts that arise from such partnerships; marriages between white women and non-white men have the highest divorce rates out of any racial pairing, highest spousal homicide rates etc.
No I'm not a racist. I've been a victim of racist abuse before, so I know what it feels like. I could never judge someone negatively based on their race.
Original post by UndyingWill
Nope, I hereby proclaim that I am not.
Regarding a person dating/marrying someone is just a matter of ones preference, it's not like you hate them.

I am a Muslim and yes I understand your Islamophobia, there are some extremist ideologies and methodologies that people have within the religion and that exists in many other religions too. Islam on the hand is just more mainstream / on the spotlight , but generally, it's a very peaceful religion. It comprises of around 2 billion followers .You probably have't been along many Muslims. Regarding your fear of Muslims taking over UK, well to be honest, if people are embracing the religion in high numbers and Muslim immigrants are welcomed, then you can't really help it.

Watch this. The extremist minority are a threat: https://youtu.be/cAoXgZLRee0
And one can prevent the mass reproduction of Muslims through cracking down on ILLEGAL polygamous marriages. They breed like rabbits and their religion is the plague.
Original post by Esoteric-
Open your eyes. Where do you think you got those preferences from?.....You got them from a society that has an ethnocentric model of beauty that applauds white skin and demonises dark skinned people

This reminds me of the "The depiction of black people in the media is always negative".

The **** media is it people are watching? I switch on TV now and basically it's just an entire litany of black females applauded for their beauty. I switch on TV now and every second artist that is hailed for their talents is a black artist.

I'm a white 24 year old...I've seen a ridiculously small amount of negativity towards black people in generalized television. Be it the music channels, kids tv channels or even shite like Emmerdale...typically there has never been specific negativity towards black people based on their skin colour and for sure there's never been stereotypes of violence, watermelons and other ****. This is back to that "You've got white privilege because you've never walked into a building and people thought you were going to rob them". The **** buildings are you walking into? If Idris Elba walks into a building he's got people thinking he's the type to buy the place. I swear certain cultures make up stereotypes of themselves and think the rest of the world condemns them based on them.

Anyways, people are typically as racist as they are dicks to everyone. Someone who is in a car and has road rage might shout "That black bastard cut me off". People are like "You can't say that, it's racist". *******s, that's equality. That black bastard has just joined that "ginger prick" "stupid *****" fat cnt" and all the other remnants of fellow drivers which have been left fractured along the motorway based on the slightest thing you can point out.

I got fooled into thinking I was racist the other day. I watched Judge Faith for a second and googled to see if she was a real judge. I then said "****, how racist was that? I see a black judge and have to google if she's real?". I waited 20 seconds then thought "Wait, what? I'd never have doubted that **** if it was a black woman Judge Judy's age. I googled this because she looks about 25 and is a good looking bird, both of which are not common things with high ranking judges.

Equality exists because that guy who was racist to you earlier in the day was probably a complete ****** to like 5 other people based on other **** too. He's a ****** to everyone, non discriminatory.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sarpedon

There are about 2.8 million muslims in the country, how are they going to outnumber us? You're a moron lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Themini
There are about 4 million muslims in the country, how are they going to outnumber us? You're a moron lol.

I'd be interested to see how low the number is when you consider all the people who fled their countries to get away from Isis and stuff.
Original post by cbblitz
I'd be interested to see how low the number is when you consider all the people who fled their countries to get away from Isis and stuff.

Still pretty low. Do you actually believe half the BS the news outlets spew out? My OP was wrong, its 2.7 million muslims. Secondly most of the migrants are in Lebanon, Turkey and other neighbouring countries. Germany and Europe have hardly taken any migrants in the grand scheme of things.
Original post by Themini
Still pretty low. Do you actually believe half the BS the news outlets spew out? My OP was wrong, its 2.7 million muslims. Secondly most of the migrants are in Lebanon, Turkey and other neighbouring countries. Germany and Europe have hardly taken any migrants in the grand scheme of things.

People have been fleeing extremists from the Middle East for ages. It's just a "thing" now because ISIS are the One Direction of the terrorist world. Bin Ladin's suddenly feeling like Abba or some sht.

Anyways, anyone who fears "Muslims" really needs to start talking to more people. The majority of the Muslims you meet will probably have a conversation with you about the United game while sitting in the pub.

Wanting Muslims gone because of the extremists is like wanting the white men gone cause of the EDL.
I voted leave the EU so I must be a racist.
I am slightly racist, i cant help it, but if im racist to everyone does that make it ok? Because i do have slight racist tendencies to everyone who isnt from my race.
Reply 36
Original post by hchc
I think we're all racist, to some degree. Even if we're not overtly racist like certain people in the media, within us all there is some subconscious racism. For instance, imagine you're in a fire and there are 2 other people, one of whom is the same race as you, the other is a different race. If you could only save one, nearly all, if not all of us would save the one who was the same race as us. This is because there are no other factors to really go off, so you will choose the one who is more similar to yourself, believing it to be the right choice. Or another situation which you may have encountered: you are in a supermarket and have a choice of 2 empty tills, again one tiller is the same race as you, the other isn't. I bet most people here, rushed to make their mind up, have chosen the tiller who is of the same race as them. It's the same in many other situations, you choose the person who is of your own race, it's all subconscious and can't really be stopped, but it's at work in us all. It happens with other features as well, if the only factor separating them is that one has glasses and the other doesn't, and you have glasses, you'd probably pick the person who had glasses.

Of course this probably isn't the racism the poster was asking about, and to answer their question no I most certainly am not a consciously racist person, like I hope others aren't. But technically we are all racist subconsciously.

I have to say that the idea that everyone or nearly everyone would save the person who is the same race as them in a fire first is nonsense.

However I personally believe that it's normal for human beings to be prejudiced.

Indeed that's one of the reasons I'm proud to be a misanthrope.
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous that people would help someone of the same race, specifically white people. The sense of community doesn't exist between white people. Russian Igor and Irish Conor don't feel like they have something in common in life based on their skin colour. They face entirely different challengers and experience. "White culture" doesn't exist. As a result, I really can't imagine white people will ever have an inherant bias towards someone based on their skin colour in terms of saving a life.

I'm not entirely sure if it was in the OP here or someone else, but the 6'3 black guy who mentioned that he never had people buying tickets from him. You're 6'3. You could be an intimidating looking guy. If you had a Kevin Hart looking guy and someone who looked like Krysztof Sosynski, you can be damn sure the black guy is getting more people to his side. There are more factors in the world than just race.

MAYBE a black guy would save a black guy first. Depends on their upbringing and those around them. "Black communities" are legitimate things. They would associate a black person in a lot of cases as someone who may be from "their community". I'd absolutely save someone from my hometown, of which I don't have any sense of community, before someone from another area. So there could absolutely be a connection there.

This can be how racism happens in America with police. In an area, if it's typically white American males and black American males, and there is a specific divide in income (which reflects crime), a white cop might be more likely to defend a fellow white man and be biased against a black man. This is less common as black people often work on police forces and the blue wall is stronger than the white bond for sure.
Reply 38
[video]https://youtu.be/tbud8rLejLM[/video]
nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending