Question 7 (Football Projectile)

1.76s
13.6m
13.2m/s
No air resistance

Question 8 (Helicopters)

80.5m

Posted from TSR Mobile

On Q6 for the tension I got 30.0N and not 43.8N but I'm not sure if I'm right, and on the angle question on Q3 I got 5 degrees or something.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MLW12345
Magic that's what I got ended up using that data for the next questions though, probably got bearing wrong around 007deg

I did the same thing, got 007 too
Original post by Chickenslayer69
On Q6 for the tension I got 30.0N and not 43.8N but I'm not sure if I'm right

I got 30N as well
Original post by RUNSran
I got the same answers as you apart no 8what do you think think garde boundaries will bw?

Not sure, 55 for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gcooney4
For the modelling assumption [1] I thought it was about air resistance but even a particle would have air resistance so I wrote that the ball cannot stretch and reaches the edges of the box and can't bounce off or tip into the box it can only land exactly on the edge

Its no rotation/spin.
What did everyone do to find the angle of the slope in the toy car question.

I used conservation of energy to find the height then used trig to find the angle. I got the same answer as everyone else, but conservation of energy wasnt on the spec. Will i still get the marks
I got 106m for the 10 marker, anyone else?
Reply 87
For Q 8, I got t= 12. I subbed in and found the s of A and B, then subtracted to find the displacement of B from A, then used pythagoras. I got around 106m. Anyone else?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fffffg1g1
anyone get something like 106m for q8?

Yep
Anyone else get 119 ish for Q8?
Original post by fffffg1g1
anyone get something like 106m for q8?

Yes
My answers (might have misremembered some, and others are probably wrong):
1) 15 kg
2) p = 14, q = 17
3) 9 degrees
4) V = 12, bearing = 008
5) Max heigh 1.2 m (can't really remember)
6) 43.8 N
7) Velocity around 13, modelling as particle means air resistance can be ignored)
8) I got up to finding t = 5 and t = 25, but then did a load of meaningless BS and got the wrong answer around 28 lol.
Original post by PiTheta97
Not sure, 55 for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would personaly put the grade boundries higher but then again i did mechanics last year too so i dont really know
Original post by matt5822
Yes

my g
Reply 94
Original post by Chickenslayer69
On Q6 for the tension I got 30.0N and not 43.8N but I'm not sure if I'm right, and on the angle question on Q3 I got 5 degrees or something.

exactly the same apart from P as 2 root 5 and q as 7i and 67.8 on the last question
I got 160 for q8. At t 25 the j components were the same hence parallel then expanded using s=Ut+1/2at^2. Then square the difference
Original post by Examguy123
What did everyone do to find the angle of the slope in the toy car question.

I used conservation of energy to find the height then used trig to find the angle. I got the same answer as everyone else, but conservation of energy wasnt on the spec. Will i still get the marks

I hope so, because I'm pretty sure at one point I differentiated velocity to find acceleration
Original post by gcooney4
For the modelling assumption [1] I thought it was about air resistance but even a particle would have air resistance so I wrote that the ball cannot stretch and reaches the edges of the box and can't bounce off or tip into the box it can only land exactly on the edge

Modelling anything as a particle disregards size though, surely there's no air resistance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smitherito
I got 160 for q8. At t 25 the j components were the same hence parallel then expanded using s=Ut+1/2at^2. Then square the difference

But the i components were different
I got 106 too. Tan X = j/I then X must be the same for both, as parallel, t= 12, then answer 106.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending