The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k.russell
I am pretty sure I got this as well (my answer was deffo smaller than the one that other people are quoting). Wasn't this the question with Tan4x = 4/3 or something like that?

yeah, apparently this value wasn't in the domain so we had to use a CAST diagram to find the larger value, heavy on uss
Original post by dairychocolate
I got 25.

What was this qquestion and how many marks was it worth?
Q4a was not ln2.5 the answer is 0.5ln (25/4)
Reply 1363
Original post by KellyLouise0
anyone remember the number of marks for the proof of root in the interval question? (last part of Q4, i think)
I ****ed up, couldn't find a sign change :frown: any marks for just stating the interval to be used at all?

i also couldn't find the sign change. I had the interval as [1.2565,1.2575] *something like that* but couldn't get a sign change ANYWHERE!!!! :angry:
Original post by k.russell
I am pretty sure I got this as well (my answer was deffo smaller than the one that other people are quoting). Wasn't this the question with Tan4x = 4/3 or something like that?

Yeh tan4x = something with a 3 and a 4. I think I got the same aswell. 0.16...

Walk out that test like
I'm the one your girl like
Original post by BSLMaths
Don't worry bud, will only be a couple marks :smile: sure you did well!

thank you, hopefully i got some marks on that question anyway! you too :smile:
Original post by lfcrules
what was 3 c?

Apparently the answer is 86.1 degrees but I couldn't see the question so I can't tell what it's about
I thought I could do all questions but I didn't!! Exams are simply not for me...

For my minimum grade predictions I need now A in C4 for overall B, or for my maximum marks I got, I will need overall B in C4 for overall B.

My days, pissed me off. How did you FLIPPIN do the question after you proved cotx? I just could not simplify it!
How many marks was question 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1371
Original post by Aerosmith
2a) can be further simplified. multiply top and bottom by -1 and then factorise it. should be 4/(x^2 + 5)

you've made an error, that is impossible
What was the question a bout the asymptote k where the answer was 25 , how many marks was it worht?????
Reply 1373
Original post by jwifiuhrkoa

your both correct but 0.5ln(25/4) is equal to ln((25/4)^0.5) which is ln(5/2)

I think I got this as well
I thought the exam was moderate really. I've seen easier exams and I've seen harder. I proved the 2 things (I think it there were 2) they wanted me to prove so I should get marks there. I think I've probably got a score in the 60's/75 which should be an A/A* to boost my average up after M1.

0.5ln(25/4) = ln2.5
Reply 1377
What did anyone get for 1.a) ??
Low grade boundaries, what do we think?
Reply 1379
Original post by lfcrules
What was the question a bout the asymptote k where the answer was 25 , how many marks was it worht?????

5 overall so probably 1 really it was the most obvious one, the other 2 required some working out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending