The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Middriver
How many marks was 3c I entirely didn't see that question

2 or 3
Proof for tanx question. Couldn't do part b) in exam but just realised how to :frown:, so will post in a bit
IMG_0698.jpg
Reply 1642
For question 4a (the one with the modulus graph), for y = 0, I wrote x = 0.5ln(6.25), not noticing that 6.25 can be rooted to 2.5. How many marks was that? Will I get full marks for that one, or do those questions typically require a simplified answer?

Also, how did people find that compared to the June 2015 and June 2013 paper? Those are the ones I didn't do for prep, so I can't judge
Original post by rxns_00
Yes usually 66-67 but taken a make off because people seem to have really hated it. The more people have found it tough the more affected the standard deviation and mean is so slight changes to boundaries

Original post by iBall
UMS estimates for 67/68?

83-84
Original post by Middriver
How many marks was 3c I entirely didn't see that question

2 marks
Original post by cainy393
Here is my working. I may have written the original question down wrong because I worked backwards from the answer to get the question. I'm fairly certain the first factor you had to take out was (x+3) but I could be wrong. Either way after I cancel that factor off top and bottom it is definitely correct.

Spoiler

My reaction to the sad news that i did it wrong:
Anyone have an idea of what the boundary for an A* will be like?
Original post by Anon-
wow what a crazy coincidence!! oh wait that's the only way to do it

tbf it wasn't the only way
Anyone know what an A* is usually?
I don't even know how the exam went. I came out thinking it wasn't too bad but now I feel as though I did ridiculously bad. I didn't have enough time to check my answers and made stupid mistakes.

I messed up question
2c, 3c, 5b I didn't get the half but i got the cosec4y , 6b (I think I'm a retard who cant type into a calculator), 8a, 8b (forgot two values) and 9c was tough.
For the iterative question, could you sub the values a=1.3465 and a=1.3474 into both equations and show they equal each other to 3dp and so a=1.347 to 3dp. I'm not convinced but I had no clue in the exam itself so am clutching at straws right now...
Can anyone remember the marks for each question?
I remember the last one was 9, but if anyone could tell me that would be great xox
Original post by TheBillPN

Haha, yeah I think I did it pretty differently to most people so don't take my working as the only way by any means but I think my answers match up with the ones others have discussed so it's one way of doing it.
Does anyone know how many marks 1a and 1b were worth individually?
Original post by victoria98
Anyone know what an A* is usually?

usually 68/75
Was anyone able to prove that the root of g(x) was α=1.473 to 3dp?
Defo harder than last years paper so u reckon itll be less than 59 for an A?
Original post by TheBillPN

Yeah, as the other poster said you could also do it using polynomial division and then simplification of the fraction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have a photocopy of the paper and an unofficial mark scheme they can send to me considering Arsey isn't doing them anymore?
Original post by celecia01
2 marks

Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest