The Student Room Group

How did you find the EDEXCEL C3 exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
easy but I do further maths, i reckon a lot of people doing just single maths will have found it hard, boundary won't be higher than 65 for an A*

Me too, i do further maths and found it decent, must be harder for those who didnt
Reply 21
Thought it was quite an easy paper - think I lost marks on Q2/Q3 (with the trig) and Q4 with the iteration. Might have got something wrong on Q1 too.
Altogether I think I got around 71/75
Original post by Fbiemad
People usually think the paper they did is the hardest ever.
But the truth is that the exam pressure makes a difference in how hard you think it is.
I havent done this years paper, but i doubt this would be that hard to make 2013,14,15 look "easy"...

To be honest this is how I'm thinking. I found it stressful because it was the actual exam but thinking back on it there wasn't anything terrible in there.
Original post by tomrh99
Honestly I think I got around 55/54, I am hoping for a mid B to be honest. I am just trying to reassure myself that all hope is not now lost lol

The highest boundary for B is 58, but that was on a relatively easy paper, I think for this one 54/55 will probably give you a B.

Original post by Music With Rocks
What do you think it is for an A* based off of past boundaries please?

I need an A* in this to get my offer but I didn't do so well :frown:

The difference between grades is 6-8, so if we assume A is mid-late 50s then A* will probably be mid 60s. Of course this is a prediction, I can't say anything for sure.
The questions themselves weren't particularly difficult and were all on spec. I think for a lot of people time would have been the issue. I normally take about 55 mins to an hour for a C3 paper and this time I took 70 mins.
Overall, it was a pretty easy paper. I reckon 66 for A*.
Reply 26
Could someone remind me what question 5 was about? I remember the second part but not the first.
One of the more difficult papers imo, not as hard as June 13, about the same as June 15 I'd say.

Every question was accessible and I imagine virtually 100% of people will score at least some marks for each one
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by 130398
Could someone remind me what question 5 was about? I remember the second part but not the first.

x = (sin2y)^2

find dy/dx in the form qcosec(py)
Reply 29
Original post by edothero
x = (sin2y)^2

find dy/dx in the form qcosec(py)

That was part 2. Part 1 was something else
Reply 30
Original post by 130398
That was part 2. Part 1 was something else

My bad, y = e^3xcos4x.
Find x value of stationary point
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
My bad, y = e^3xcos4x.
Find stationary point

Ah yes. I forgot my answer doe. Well, I hope for the best :borat:
Reply 32
Original post by 130398
Ah yes. I forgot my answer doe. Well, I hope for the best :borat:

dy/dx = 3e^3xcos4x - 4e^3xsin4x = 0

tan4x = 3/4

x = 1/4 * arctan(3/4)

Hope you did well! All the best.
My bad, y = e^3xcos4x.
Find stationary point

Do you remember if there were boundaries, people are getting two different answers?
Reply 34
Original post by buterallah
Moderately hard, but I don't think the grade boundaries will be low coz of Q8 being copied from an older paper

Aha, thought i recognised it.
I've calculate that I've got at most 64 marks which is a disaster really 😭😭😭 does anybody roughly know what grade that may be? If I don't get an A* in maths, I'm screwed because bio and chem are way too hard
Original post by UJustGotLittUp
I've calculate that I've got at most 64 marks which is a disaster really 😭😭😭 does anybody roughly know what grade that may be? If I don't get an A* in maths, I'm screwed because bio and chem are way too hard

That's probably gonna be like 86-90 UMS... U can still get the A*. Worry not 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Bump
Reply 38
This isnt an ideal poll, since the options you have given (very hard) will be different for everyone relative to what they want to achieve.

Would have been better to ask what marks people think they have got
Reply 39
I thought it was one of the easiest C3 papers I'v ever done. It was pipsqueak compared to June 2013 and June 2015

It's one of the of the only recent Edexcel papers I've seen that actually assessed you on how many past papers you had done. A very broad and reasonable paper.

I'm glad people found it difficult. It means I can get my hands on an A* mwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! >:O)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending