The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pablo Picasso
around 70/69

Pablo swear you're just here to troll people with absurdly high predictions:wink:
How many marks was the first question worth in total
Original post by hazzam
Think I could of potentially got 100% finally after dreadful further maths exams

I know that feeling.
how many marks was 6b?
What was the question for 5i? Sure I got a different answer to everyone
Original post by IsaacMed17
Will 73 be 100 ums guys?

I'm not trying to be annoying, but people would just be guessing.

Maybe, maybe not.
Original post by Jordanwright123
Pablo swear you're just here to troll people with absurdly high predictions:wink:

Watch him be right ... Then watch me kms
Original post by timelizard
what were their offers?

Surrey Sussex Sheffield.
AAB ABB AAB

They all missed by 1 and got in anyway. I think my other friend missed queen marys by 2 and still got in
Original post by buci98
5 ii was 2cosec4y I think

Could you remind mhat question 5i was asking?
What did people get for 6a? I got A=3 but my remainder was coming out at 4x+13... I was putting -6+18 inmy calculator, repeatedly but kept coming out as 13 (wtf) ( I should have obvs done this in my head but I was trying to save time and didn't see the blatant mistake of not doing -6+18 in my head-.-) So I just left the rest of Q6 and dropped all those marks -.- becuase of my calculator.
My calculator also kept giving the wrong answer sin(-pi/3) (and yes I was in rad) for one of the questions - thankfully I went back and then it decided to give my the right answer

Destroyed my calculator. Now I need a new one for c4
What were marks for all the questions?
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme with how many marks there were for each question? Can't see through the tears n crushed dreams

Also does anyone have any tips for exams because in every single exam so far I've just sat down got so stressed my mind has gone completely blank :frown:
Original post by Iamvery1/cos(c)
My sister just sat this exam and she realised afterwards that she completely missed out the last question because she didn't see it.

Will this be catastrophic if she wants a high A?

tell her i also missed the last question by accident, and so did my friend haha damn it edexcel since when did we put 9 questions in exams ehhhh
Original post by Ainsleyy
Surrey Sussex Sheffield.
AAB ABB AAB

They all missed by 1 and got in anyway. I think my other friend missed queen marys by 2 and still got in

Just wondering if you miss by one grade do you have to go through clearing to get in ?
Original post by Craig1998
For the question with the simplifying fractions (I think it was 8), does this method work?

(x^4 + x^3 - 3x^2 + 7x - 6)/(x^2 + x - 6) = x^2 + A + B/(x-2)

If x = 0,

-6/-6 = A - B/2

If x = 1

0 = 1+A- B
B = A+1

1 = A + (A+1)/(-2)
-2 = -2A + A + 1
-3 = -A
A = 3
So B = 3+1 = 4

Yep i did that and was right
Original post by countduckula1906
What did people get for 6a? I got A=3 but my remainder was coming out at 4x+13... I was putting -6+18 inmy calculator, repeatedly but kept coming out as 13 (wtf) ( I should have obvs done this in my head but I was trying to save time and didn't see the blatant mistake of not doing -6+18 in my head-.-) So I just left the rest of Q6 and dropped all those marks -.- becuase of my calculator.
My calculator also kept giving the wrong answer sin(-pi/3) (and yes I was in rad) for one of the questions - thankfully I went back and then it decided to give my the right answer

Destroyed my calculator. Now I need a new one for c4

ahahahahhahahaha
Guys, I have a question about Q6. I didn't use algebraic long division, instead I used factorisation with the quadratic formula and then compared the variables. I got the correct answers as this was how I taught myself to do it. Would it be correct?
66-68 should be over 80 right?
Original post by AQATrolledMe
Just wondering if you miss by one grade do you have to go through clearing to get in ?

Not necessarily I think the uni can choose to accept you anyway. But im not too sure all I know is that they all got the unis and courses they wanted.
How many marks will I lose if I

1) for question 1b stated both a=6 and a=-5 forgot to reject the answer a=-5
2) for question 2b messed up the range and stated that -rt5<x<rt5 instead
3) for 6b messed up differentiation so got the wrong dy/dx but otherwise method of finding normal and stuff was right?

Will I be able to get my A* in this paper? 🙇🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending