The Student Room Group

AQA MM1B - Mechanics 1 -Tuesday 21st June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
they usually say the magnitude of displacement if the want that or just distance

I couldn't decide whether to leave it in vector form or find the magnitude... But then I thought that they normally ask for the 'position vector' if they want it in vector form. Idk
For the time on the football question for some reason I used 12.5ms-1 instead of 12 so got the wrong time, but for the horizontal distance and the new speed for it to be kicked I used 12ms-1 so got the right answers relative to my wrong time in the previous question.
How many marks would I drop for this?
Original post by OturuDansay
Grade boundary predictions anyone? I'm thinking 58/57 for an A?

Lower. About 53/54 if not lower. I found June 14 the same or easier in comparison.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PiTheta97
100 UMS boundary? 68?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah like 68/69/70/71
Can someone post the working for the tension question :/ thanks
I was confident with an answer of 302m for question 8 until I read this ahaha.

Did no one get that?
I think its safe to say this is the easiest exam i have ever sat. On par with GCSE maths. Expecting around 99 UMS.
Original post by Chickenslayer69
Can someone post the working for the tension question :/ thanks

This is how I did it (if it's correct haha)
Does anyone know if there's an M2 thread yet? :smile:
my method was right for the last question but i made a stupid mistake early on and said t=10 rather than 12. the rest of the question I carried out with the right method but with the wrong value of t what. how many marks to you reckon i will drop out of 10 with this one mistake?

thanks
Can someone post a markscheme with all the marks please?
Original post by rainbowtwist

Original post by rainbowtwist

I did it exactly the same, but my answer came out to the 168N. I think I've pressed my calculator wrongly :frown:
How many marks will I drop? :frown:(((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone post the question for Q1 please? Thanks
my method was right for the last question but i made a stupid mistake early on and said t=10 rather than 12. the rest of the question I carried out with the right method but with the wrong value of t what. how many marks to you reckon i will drop out of 10 with this one mistake? will they then give me marks for using the position vector with my value of t then finding the corresponding distance?

thanks
Original post by Cal 1
The force was acting down, so R= mg + Tsin60

Yea I put that too
Original post by jtebbbs
Worked answers to ramp and football questions:
Attachment not found
FullSizeRender.jpg

Yep that's what i got
so did anyone else get 4 killometers for question 8? i got my mechanics teacher to check it and he said it was right. glad i got that one in the bag, easiest 10 marks in my life. dam the momentum question, who knew a ball could weigh 4 tonnes. feel sorry for people who got 106m for question 8, people forgot to square it. luckily i got my teacher to check this too, what a legend.
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Yep that's what i got

i got this too.
Original post by Chickenslayer69
Can someone post the question for Q1 please? Thanks

Someone post Q1 pls thx

Quick Reply

Latest