The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Way too low prediction :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have the paper? If not, can someone tell me, if you remember, whether they gave you the range for the "sketch arcsinx" question? As they gave the domain but I can't remember whether they gave the range
What do you all think the grade boundaries will be? I'm really unsure about the paper I think it was pretty solid all the way through but nothing too hard......
Original post by callum9977
What was the final answer? I've forgotten

it was 0.946.. something
Reply 364
Original post by Mesosleepy
it was 0.946.. something

how
Reply 365
Original post by MarocMan
Does anyone have the paper? If not, can someone tell me, if you remember, whether they gave you the range for the "sketch arcsinx" question? As they gave the domain but I can't remember whether they gave the range

They gave both. y between -pi/2 and pi/2, x between -1 and 1
how did you do the last part to question 9?
Original post by Yua
how

since the range was pi/4<x< pi/2 and it was tan4X. the new range will be pi<x<2pi
When you do tan inverse 3/4, you get 0.6 something then you do pi + 0.6 something because its within the range of pi<x<2pi. After you divide it by 4.
I'm retaking A2 maths this year and felt this paper was a bit harder but similar to last years so I recon the grade boundaries could look something like this (feel free to dispute) :

A* - 65
A - 59
B - 52
C - 46
D - 40
E - 36
Reply 369
Original post by shaakiirah
how did you do the last part to question 9?

Check this PDF, the last page
Reply 370
Original post by Mesosleepy
since the range was pi/4<x< pi/2 and it was tan4X. the new range will be pi<x<2pi
When you do tan inverse 3/4, you get 0.6 something then you do pi + 0.6 something because its within the range of pi<x<2pi. After you divide it by 4.

honestly cant remember my answer here for some reason
Reply 371
Original post by Harrisoncurtis96
I'm retaking A2 maths this year and felt this paper was a bit harder but similar to last years so I recon the grade boundaries could look something like this (feel free to dispute) :

A* - 65
A - 59
B - 52
C - 46
D - 40
E - 36

this was easier than last years
Original post by veldt127
Check this PDF, the last page

thanks!
does anybody know how many marks question 9 was worth? i didn't see it so i missed the entire question
Original post by Yua
this was easier than last years

I've heard a mixed response, after looking at the poll where most people found it hard I just assumed the grade boundaries would be similar
Past grade boundaries for A and A*:

Jan 2009: 60
Jun 2009: 67
Jan 2010: 59
Jun 2010: 62 (68 A*)
Jan 2011: 61 (68 A*)
Jun 2011: 65 (70 A*)
Jan 2012: 65 (70 A*)
Jun 2012: 64 (69 A*)
Jan 2013: 62 (68 A*)
Jun 2013: 50 (57 A*) (01), 61 (67 A*) (01R)
Jun 2014: 60 (66 A*) (01), 60 (67 A*) (01R)
Jun 2015: 59 (65 A*)

Average: 61.1 (66.8 A*)

Today's paper was definitely not as difficult as June 2013. The polls show that people thought last year's paper was slightly more difficult.

I'd guess similar boundaries to June 2014; A 60, A* 67.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 376
Original post by Harrisoncurtis96
I've heard a mixed response, after looking at the poll where most people found it hard I just assumed the grade boundaries would be similar

There's always going to be something different or unexpected; you can't have the same paper every year (unless it's D1 apparently...) so each year they might seem harder when in reality you'll probably see similar boundaries
I did every single solomon paper and most of the past papers and all of the the gold papers can got A*s on all of them and I've made so many stupid mistakes today i'll be very lucky to scape an A :frown:
Original post by DomWoodcock
Yeah I think I remember the limits between -pi/2 and pi/2

the limits were between plus or minus pi.
how did i get -1/6x for the gradient for the normal for question 6? hm anyone else get this, hopefully didn't drop too many marks for this :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest