The Student Room Group

OCR sociology g673 + g674

Scroll to see replies

Original post by owlmadd
I spoke about Chubb and Moe and New right too, and felt unsure! Can't be that bad if we both thought to do it

Oh good, that's a relief!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CookieMonster786
Oh good, that's a relief!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You got any ideas of what might come up for Thursday's exam?
Original post by owlmadd
You got any ideas of what might come up for Thursday's exam?

Well my teacher was like age or ethnicity could come up...but I was thinking if gender came up last year and age in 2014 then maybe ethnicity could come up.....but don't take my word for it lol (not gonna revise gender cause it came up last year and have to revise for other exams so won't have time)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions for G674?
Does anyone have any suggestions for the 25 marker? My teacher thinks it might be on content analysis.
Does anyone have an exam structure for the 15 marker and 25 marker on research methods?
For age inequality, the two biggest sections seem to be the workplace and poverty (pensions) but it is advised to pick four areas, eg education, health etc. Does anyone have an essay plan for this? i feel like im lacking enough studies.
Original post by absentislands
For age inequality, the two biggest sections seem to be the workplace and poverty (pensions) but it is advised to pick four areas, eg education, health etc. Does anyone have an essay plan for this? i feel like im lacking enough studies.

Our class has hardly gone into age at all! Do you have studies, theory or anything you can share with me, please?! I would be really grateful!
Does anybody have like a list of other relevant studied to include in the 15 and 25 mark questions for each research method? Thanks in advance!
My teacher is predicting age and ethnicity for the inequality questions. Content analysis or longitudinal studies for the 15/25 markers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katherine9609
My teacher is predicting age and ethnicity for the inequality questions. Content analysis or longitudinal studies for the 15/25 markers

Posted from TSR Mobile

But Class comes up every year
Original post by Zakriah

You have a choice out of 2 questions which both split into 2 so 4 in total. One of the 4 will always be class but it's predicted that 2 will be age and ethnicity as those haven't came up in a while
You have a choice out of 2 questions which both split into 2 so 4 in total. One of the 4 will always be class but it's predicted that 2 will be age and ethnicity as those haven't came up in a while

The 20 marker is always related to the 40 marker though. You can't have a 20 marker on class inequality then a 40 marker on age.
Original post by Zakriah

No it doesn't
Wait do we have to include external research examples (so like other examples of sociologists who used (eg. structured interviews) in their study) for the 25 marker???
Original post by Zakriah
The 20 marker is always related to the 40 marker though. You can't have a 20 marker on class inequality then a 40 marker on age.

I don't think you understand. Either way, class does not always come up. That's why it's likely that age will be in one of the choices and ethnicity in the other. June 2013 is an example of a g674 exam with no class question asked. However, You will ALWAYS TALK about class even if the question does not ask about it, you will always include it in your answer as its always applicable
I don't think you understand. Either way, class does not always come up. That's why it's likely that age will be in one of the choices and ethnicity in the other. June 2013 is an example of a g674 exam with no class question asked. However, You will ALWAYS TALK about class even if the question does not ask about it, you will always include it in your answer as its always applicable

In every year there has been june and jan exams, class has come up in atleast one month.
Even after the abolition of jan exams, class has come up every june.
Why would it not come up this june?
Original post by Zakriah
In every year there has been june and jan exams, class has come up in atleast one month.
Even after the abolition of jan exams, class has come up every june.
Why would it not come up this june?

Because, there were questions specifically surrounding social class in last years G674 exam, this year's G671 exam and G673 exam. It is unlikely they will repeat the topic that many times. Plus the predictions are on Age and Ethnicity
Original post by Pandorax
Wait do we have to include external research examples (so like other examples of sociologists who used (eg. structured interviews) in their study) for the 25 marker???

Our teacher told us we have to include various other studied that have used to research method, to back up our answer. But to be honest...our teacher is not the best..
Original post by owlmadd
Our teacher told us we have to include various other studied that have used to research method, to back up our answer. But to be honest...our teacher is not the best..

....Aah I haven't learnt any...;_; Hopefully you dont have to add them D: Just in case, do you by any chance have any notes on examples you wouldn't mind sharing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending