The Student Room Group

get into med school if i get distinctions in all modules of an access2science course?

Is it possible for me to get into med school with distinctions in all modules of an access to science course?
Original post by 1lastchance
Is it possible for me to get into med school with distinctions in all modules of an access to science course?

As far as I'm aware, medical schools only accept access to medicine courses. But you'll have to do some research and double check this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thanks

Also,

Is it possible to study medicine with a history (and remaining) psychosis? I've asked this question before but I am having doubts about OH letting me study under these conditions.
Thanks

Also,

Is it possible to study medicine with a history (and remaining) psychosis? I've asked this question before but I am having doubts about OH letting me study under these conditions.

History, yes. Current active psychosis, highly unlikely. You have to prove you are not going to be a danger to patients or yourself and would be able to cope with the demands of medicine.
Reply 4
Original post by ForestCat
History, yes. Current active psychosis, highly unlikely. You have to prove you are not going to be a danger to patients or yourself and would be able to cope with the demands of medicine.

The only symptoms I have now are hearing voices and some negative symptoms. I'm not a danger to myself or anyone else. In the past I have had delusions which have resulted in me being hospitalised, but currently I am risk free as far as I can see it. Do you still think I wouldn't be allowed to study Medicine under these circumstances?
The only symptoms I have now are hearing voices and some negative symptoms. I'm not a danger to myself or anyone else. In the past I have had delusions which have resulted in me being hospitalised, but currently I am risk free as far as I can see it. Do you still think I wouldn't be allowed to study Medicine under these circumstances?

I don't think thats something I can really comment on. I don't know the finer ins and outs.

My guess it would depend on your insight in to your condition, your compliance with medication and seeking help, as well as advice from your psychiatrist (if you're currently under one). Its not necessarily a hard and fast rule, it would depend on your health at the time.

This post,
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4088021 gives a bit of insight in to how the GMC views mental health issues in medics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending