The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by First choice
Congrats to all of you who successfully got in! Looking to apply to Kings for 2017 entry. Is it true that Kings place huge emphasis on extra curriculars like debates, sports etc?
Do they look at extra curriculars (other than vounteering) while shortlisting for interviews or do they ask about these at the interviews? Would not having extracurriculars like music or sports be a disadvantage? I couldn't find information on this on the KCL website or the prospectus. Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

I can't speak for King's but even though I did a ton of extra curricular prior to my application I found that I did not have enough space to put it down on my personal statement and only mentioned one extra curricular Model United Nations debating. I think the emphasis is what skills you learnt rather than the amount you did.

Hope this helps :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
After receiving confirmation from Occupational Health, are we meant to receive an email to say our PCHQ has cleared?
are we supposed to receive something from occupational health if it is our firm choice
Original post by tom_clancy
are we supposed to receive something from occupational health if it is our firm choice

You should receive a questionnaire to complete through Kings portal for occupational health
Reply 2204
Hello, did anyone have to pay their GP to sign the form and if so how much because my GP is asking for £120 and am so baffed.
Original post by Rimako
Hello, did anyone have to pay their GP to sign the form and if so how much because my GP is asking for £120 and am so baffed.

That's ridiculously expensive. It's at the discretion of the GP but that is unreasonable. I know some who've paid up to £40, but for others it has been free.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2206
Original post by ah639
That's ridiculously expensive. It's at the discretion of the GP but that is unreasonable. I know some who've paid up to £40, but for others it has been free.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought so also £120 is really steep he is playing games gosh
Wow!! That's crazy expensive!! I paid £40!
sorry i meant, are we supposed to fill in a health form if it is our insurance
Original post by ah639

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought when people said £40 that was quite expensive. Got mine done for free
Original post by tom_clancy
sorry i meant, are we supposed to fill in a health form if it is our insurance

If they sent it to you on the portal with a message then yeah
Nah they havent and also can you only apply for accommodation if it is your firm?
Reply 2212
Hey everyone! In case you didn't know there's a group that's been set up for everyone starting at King's in 2016! Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/133008340387865/
Anyone else got their accommodation offers yet? Got Moonraker, not too mad about it but would have preferred Dover Street since its closer to Guy's campus and less expensive.
Original post by medic23432432
Anyone else got their accommodation offers yet? Got Moonraker, not too mad about it but would have preferred Dover Street since its closer to Guy's campus and less expensive.

Hi,

I got Stamford . Really happy with it!
Original post by Tsar007
Hi,

I got Stamford . Really happy with it!

I got Stamford too!! See you there next year XD
I'm not studying medicine but I have an accommodation offer for champion hill (ensuite) and I was wondering if anyone wanted to swap for gds?? Message me if your interested
I've posted this on the accommodation thread as well, but I have an ensuite room at Champion Hill and I'm looking to swap for ANYTHING nearer guys campus and cheaper (non-ensuite at Wolfson house would be my preference) please pm me if you can help :smile: x
Does anyone know how lenient KCL will be with admission to med course, I am a graduate who just got my results and missed by 2:1 by 1%?
Original post by xertyl
Does anyone know how lenient KCL will be with admission to med course, I am a graduate who just got my results and missed by 2:1 by 1%?

That's a tough one. Have you tried calling them yet? If the offer is for the 5-year course, I'd guess that they might make you wait until A Level results day before they get back to you with a decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest