The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 June 2016 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone remember how many marks each question was by any chance ?
Original post by sandybeach1996
59/75 ? not 68? some people are saying 68 marks ?

Apologies - I misread what you said - I thought you meant 55 UMS, the other person is correct
What does everyone reckon 90UMS will be? I think I got around 67, which would be just about the A* boundary I think??
does anyone know how many marks each question carried/how to find it?
Original post by sandybeach1996
guys am I counting this right? somebody please help me :frown:
we need 480 ums for an A, I has 251 from AS , that means I need 229 across C3 C4 M1 ?
I think I got 55 marks in M1 , same in C3 , does that mean I need 89 ums in C4 to still get an A??? how many marks approximately is 89 ums? can I still get the A?
PLEASE help

I would say that is what you would need to get in the worst case scenario. the best case scenario ( i don't do M1 so don't know the average grade boundaries) would be around 79. 55 in C3 is about mid B (75 UMS) and M1 (75 UMS) thus best case to worst case is 79 to 89. Hope I helped
Original post by twigface
does anyone know how many marks each question carried/how to find it?
Yep.

Original post by fishs003
Number of marks for each question: 1) a: 4, b: 1 2) a: 4, b: 3 3) a: 3, b: 5, c: 2 4) a: 5, b: 2, c: 2, d: 2 5) a: 5, b: 5 6) a: 4, b: 5 7) a: 2, b: 3 8) a: 4, b: 6 9) a: 2, b: 2, c: 4@thesporkthief said those
Reply 486
Hey, if in question 1 I just found out what fg(x) equalled and didn't make it equal to X, thus not finding the solutions, how many marks do you reckon I'd lose? Thanks in advance
what do you reckon 62 raw mark will be in ums
Original post by TheKevinFang
What does everyone reckon 90UMS will be? I think I got around 67, which would be just about the A* boundary I think??

From peoples reactions it seems 60-62 A and 65-69 A*.
Personally got around 65/66 fingers crossed that's what you'll need for an A*
Original post by Ibraldo
From peoples reactions it seems 60-62 A and 65-69 A*.
Personally got around 65/66 fingers crossed that's what you'll need for an A*

I'm really hoping I get an A* as well, because I DON'T WANT TO RETAKE THIS STUPIDLY SHORT BUT HARD MODULE!
Guys is a a star still achevable, I mean I was well on my way to 480um But, I lost 10-12 marks in c3.
Also, is it average 90ums in c3 and c4 or 90% average in both papers?
How much was 8b worth?
Original post by jbaten
Your welcome how did everyone find the exam today question 8 was particularly troublesome but the rest of the questions weren't too bad.

What do you think grade boundaries for an A* will be this year??
Original post by Sapereaude54
Guys is a a star still achevable, I mean I was well on my way to 480um But, I lost 10-12 marks in c3.
Also, is it average 90ums in c3 and c4 or 90% average in both papers?
Yes. It is absolutely still achievable. Work as hard as you can for C4 - depending on the grade boundaries for C3 and C4, you could need 70/75 or you might scrape an A* with 60/75. Better not to risk it - do as much as you can before Friday.

You only need an average of 90 UMS across C3 and C4. So 80 UMS on C3 and 100 on C4 would do it. So would 85 and 95 etc.
I will post model answers tomorrow
Original post by kprime2
I will post model answers tomorrow

be a babe and post them now x
Original post by ShatnersBassoon
Yes. It is absolutely still achievable. Work as hard as you can for C4 - depending on the grade boundaries for C3 and C4, you could need 70/75 or you might scrape an A* with 60/75. Better not to risk it - do as much as you can before Friday.

You only need an average of 90 UMS across C3 and C4. So 80 UMS on C3 and 100 on C4 would do it. So would 85 and 95 etc.

Terrific news! I''ll get to work straight away, and try not to start panicking in the exam lol! Also what would my ums in C3 be?
Original post by Sapereaude54
Terrific news! I''ll get to work straight away, and try not to start panicking in the exam lol! Also what would my ums in C3 be?
Most people's estimates of the A* grade boundary are around 65, so hovering around 90 UMS, plus or minus 5 at the most.
Original post by xdaryaxx
Prediction of grade boundaries ?!?!

Wouldnt be anywhere near since il just be going off how i found the paper and comparing it with others but i would say 61 ish for an A because there were a couple of questions that were obscure. Maybe 74 for full UMS. Again this is only my estimate.
How many marks would i get for 5ii as i changed sin^2 2y in terms of cos2y but i frogot to half it so in the end i forgot to have it timesed by two the whole way through, so i got one value but for my p value i got 1/4 not 1/2

Out of 5 how many would this be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending