The Student Room Group

How to make friends in sixth form?

Usually happens with people you sit next to in class, just talk to them. Eventually you'll meet their friends, and so on.
Original post by helloimemily

You just do, there's no systematic process of making friends.
Be yourself, and be friendly and talkative even if it's awkward!
Reply 4
Generally talking to people is step 1 :yep:

Find out what peoples' interests are, if you have common interests then theoretically you keep talking and a friendship forms...
Original post by PhoenixBlaze123
Usually happens with people you sit next to in class, just talk to them. Eventually you'll meet their friends, and so on.

what about on the first day in the assembly? :frown:
A good conversation starter will be: What subjects are you doing?
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
A good conversation starter will be: What subjects are you doing?

Thank you! :biggrin:
Lol this was my no1 worry when starting sixthform. I made a few friends but tbh when you're doing Alevels you always get distracted in first year and end up messing around. I realised this before the exams at the end of the year and locked myself away near exam time, while everyone else messed around. Most of them didn't get the grades to carry on at A2 and now I have like 2 friends. This is just a message, be aware and don't make friends with people who just want to mess around!:redface:
Make yourself noticable, somewhat of an alpha male/female. This can be done my putting Peacock feathers in your ears, or sniffing peoples hair. When people ask you "What are you doing?" Simply reply with "Hey! It is internally pleasurable to meet you, may I be so cheeky to ask if you would class me as a fellow peer of the friendship category?"
Original post by helloimemily

Once you talk to new people then gradually you become friemds
Original post by GoingForIt
Make yourself noticable, somewhat of an alpha male/female. This can be done my putting Peacock feathers in your ears, or sniffing peoples hair. When people ask you "What are you doing?" Simply reply with "Hey! It is internally pleasurable to meet you, may I be so cheeky to ask if you would class me as a fellow peer of the friendship category?"

That truly reflects your username.
Confidence.
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
That truly reflects your username.

Thank you, I put effort into all aspects of life. ;^)
Just ask the people who you sit next to to hang out with them at break time/lunch time - that way, you'll get introduced to their friends and you'll find people who you click with. Then, when you've finally made your own friends, those friends will make new friends and you get introduced to them and so on and so forth until you have a plethora of friends.

Or at least that's the way it worked our for me lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest