The Student Room Group

If you vote Remain...

Scroll to see replies

If we leave, Britain would still be required to agree to the free movement of people as a condition of trading with the EU. Furthermore, the changes would not be implemented for two years creating a mass surge of economic migrants (the kind we don't want) rushing to the UK.

Trying to prevent the free movement of people in Europe is not a good thing! It goes both ways remember, having to apply for a visa for all European countries hinders students studying abroad who would have to pay the expensive fees of an international student, not to mention causing problems for many working people such as professional musicians.

Leaving the EU will not solve the immigration issue!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you know that the NHS relies on workers from the EU at the moment? The UK is one developed country that relies on doctors trained abroad. EU trained nurses are also increasing as we face a shortage of trained nurses. Leaving the EU would likely cause an NHS staffing crisis. An economic recession would also cripple NHS services that are already struggling.

Also you completely ignore the strain that the ageing population is causing the NHS. The liklely ageing population crisis to come is a much more serious threat.

Also privatisation of the NHS? LOL. If you think NHS wouldn't be privatised under Gove, Johnson, Farage, etc then you're living in dream land.

I can't wait for the referendum to be over and done with. Roll on Thursday night.

Brexiters are living in fantasy land if they think leaving would solve this countrys housing problems, immigration, etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rosietaylor16
not to mention causing problems for many working people such as professional musicians.

Leaving the EU will not solve the immigration issue!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The music industry doesn't seem to be much in favour of Brexit.

"British bands trying to promote and tour throughout the EU, for example, will struggle with the changing copyright and travel laws which will make it harder and more expensive to reach the EU market. "

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-releases/brexit-record-industry/
(edited 7 years ago)
Well if you vote to leave the EU you cant complain about the decreased purchasing power of the £ and lack of influence Britain has upon the rest of the world. Oh well i suppose you voted for it😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love how 3 million EU citizens are ****ing the whole place up for the 70 million British people, taking all their school places, their jobs and doctor appointments. The working class are complaining about 4% of the population, 4%!, making the whole place overcrowded. Do you seriously believe that the UK is unable to sustain a 4% increase in the population? Do you really believe our whole kingdom doesn't have enough doctors, houses and school places to sustain 4% of the population? It's true that most of the European immigrants tend to stay in London, which makes London overcrowded, which is a legitimate concern, but to say the country is overcrowded is farcical, specially given all the benefits we reap from the presence of those hardworking 4%!
Original post by oShahpo
I love how 3 million EU citizens are ****ing the whole place up for the 70 million British people, taking all their school places, their jobs and doctor appointments. The working class are complaining about 4% of the population, 4%!, making the whole place overcrowded. Do you seriously believe that the UK is unable to sustain a 4% increase in the population? Do you really believe our whole kingdom doesn't have enough doctors, houses and school places to sustain 4% of the population? It's true that most of the European immigrants tend to stay in London, which makes London overcrowded, which is a legitimate concern, but to say the country is overcrowded is farcical, specially given all the benefits we reap from the presence of those hardworking 4%!

Sir, you are a very intelligent man if only everyone was as wise as yourself.
Original post by FX_J4YD3N
Sir, you are a very intelligent man if only everyone was as wise as yourself.

Can't tell if sarcasm or not..
Vote leave you dumb people jesus!!!!!!!
Based on the evidence and academics in favour of remain I'd say you're the dumb one tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alevelstresss
If you think gaining control over some lawmaking is the absolute definition of democracy then you're an idiot.

I value actual economic prosperity and not abstract concepts like sovreignty and democracy - this isn't the 1930s.

Oh dear god. How do we have economic prosperity now; and why on earth would you value giving the 1% more wealth over democracy.
Also how are democracy and sovereignty abstract concepts? Surely this post must be bait... you cant be serious... can you?
'Economics prosperity' is that what you really think we have now?
And 'abstract concepts like sovereignty and democracy'. Surely this must be bait. You cant actually be serious... can you?
Original post by DontVoteLabour
Oh dear god. How do we have economic prosperity now; and why on earth would you value giving the 1% more wealth over democracy.
Also how are democracy and sovereignty abstract concepts? Surely this post must be bait... you cant be serious... can you?

Likewise, how is being able to make our own laws the absolute definition of bringing back democracy?

They are abstract concepts because they have no material value, we can be sovereign and democratic but economically suffering - and we won't be saved by the fact that we possess those two former traits. Economic success, independently of the former two traits, will always be better for a country.
Original post by oShahpo

Dear oh dear.

Fancy bringing facts into the conversation. :smile:
Original post by ZeroFree
No, I think the problems in this country are a little more complicated that than.

I don't think any of those points can be attributed to the EU alone, aside from the last two.

This is a very good point....
Reply 35
Leavers should man up and tell people if they want to leave the EU they have to pay for it with fewer jobs, less money and worse economy. Some people will pay the price but telling people there is no price to pay is dishonest.
Original post by JamesN88
Dear oh dear.

Fancy bringing facts into the conversation. :smile:

What in my comment was so incredulous that you require me to post my references? Anyway I would gladly do so but I have a chemistry exam tomorrow, so tomorrow I would. In the mean time a simple Google of the immigration figures from Migration Watch will show you the 4% figure, as well as the net contribution figures from European migrants.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DontVoteLabour
Oh dear god. How do we have economic prosperity now?

You could always go back to the 70s. Then you might understand why as a nation we have never had it so good. Of course if you are not prospering chances are the EU vote is inconsequential to your future.
Original post by oShahpo
What in my comment was so incredulous that you require me to post my references? Anyway I would gladly do so but I have a chemistry exam tomorrow, so tomorrow I would. In the mean time a simple Google of the immigration figures from the European union will show you the 4% figure, as well as the net contribution figures from European migrants.

Dude it was a joke. :confused:

As in "why bother mentioning facts you've got mindless rhetoric instead?"
Original post by JamesN88
Dude it was a joke. :confused:

As in "why bother mentioning facts you've got mindless rhetoric instead?"

What is it that you deem mindless exactly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending