The Student Room Group

Accessing past pupils' grades

Do classroom teachers have access to the GCSE and A Level results of past pupils? (Going back 10+ years?)
I apologise if this is a silly question.
Reply 1
Highly unlikely classroom teachers will (at least in my experience), however you could e-mail the school's office and see if they have them on record.
Original post by boomssss
Do classroom teachers have access to the GCSE and A Level results of past pupils? (Going back 10+ years?)
I apologise if this is a silly question.

Depends if they kept them when they were on paper. I have thrown all mine out, not having looked at them since the day I got them, but other teachers might keep them. If what you are really asking is whether the school will have kept records, then yes, they will.
Reply 3
They may do. You'd need to ring the school office and ask.

However, if it's copies of certificates you're looking for, you need to contact the individual exam boards.
Reply 4
So if you were working at your old school and wanted to see what classmates got for their GCSEs for example, you could look them up or ask the office for them?
Surely that's not right?
So if you were working at your old school and wanted to see what classmates got for their GCSEs for example, you could look them up or ask the office for them?
Surely that's not right?

I think there are more important breaches of privacy to bother about than that. Since results used to published on newspapers (probably still are in some schools) they are hardly classified information.
Reply 6
You potentially could, but believe me, teachers have far more pressing issues in their day-to-day working lives than looking up old classmates' results. Plus, I'd imagine that the number of teachers working in their former school is relatively low anyway.
Surely that's not right?

You dont explain your scenario very well of what , who and why.

On the basis that someone is now working at their old school, then you may get access to old records, but it depends why you are looking for them

1. Such records may no longer exist at the school.
2. That person may have no riight to access such records.i.e its not part of their job.

If an ex pupil was conerned about this, then they should contact the relevant school and ask them either for a copy of their file or their DP policy.

Imo you dont have much to worry about, but if you are, then check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending