Original post by Business Boy
Oh so you're a psychic?

Yes lol
Original post by MrCoolVille
Google,Facebook - Democratic leadership,Task Culture

How are they good business ethics though? :smile:
Original post by IzzyWalker

Ethics - moral principles that govern a person's behaviour or the conducting of an activity.

So you can talk about how the company treats its employees
Original post by MrCoolVille
Ethics - moral principles that govern a person's behaviour or the conducting of an activity.

So you can talk about how the company treats its employees

Google probs not the best example though because they have been accused of avoiding tax...therefore bad ethics

can talk abut how good ethics = intangible value + a usp and there are fines/negative publicity if a firm doesnt follow. Could mention ben and jerrys as they only use fair trade products and give workers a 'living wage' and for the negative publicity you could mention starbucks who were found to be doing tax avoidance and then had to make a big donation to charity to stop the backlash.

On the other hand you can say theres many businesses who are successful without being ethical and can talk about primark and walmart
Original post by SharinganShahz
can talk abut how good ethics = intangible value + a usp and there are fines/negative publicity if a firm doesnt follow. Could mention ben and jerrys as they only use fair trade products and give workers a 'living wage' and for the negative publicity you could mention starbucks who were found to be doing tax avoidance and then had to make a big donation to charity to stop the backlash.

On the other hand you can say theres many businesses who are successful without being ethical and can talk about primark and walmart

Amazing....thank you! :smile:
business examples relating to EU or political factors causing change?
Businesses with good ethics...and reasons why?

Primark has really good ethics
Original post by andymharrison_

i know its not very specific but u can say how majority of business dont want to leave eu - hinting there must be some reason for this.

Also, theres a nissan plant in sunderland where 70% of what they produce is sent to EU, so they wouldnt want to leave
i know its not very specific but u can say how majority of business dont want to leave eu - hinting there must be some reason for this.

Also, theres a nissan plant in sunderland where 70% of what they produce is sent to EU, so they wouldnt want to leave

Jcb want to leave, Nissan and Airbus to stay
Jcb want to leave, Nissan and Airbus to stay

oh sorry my bad was meant to read nissan want to stay*

do you have any research for retrenchment and leadership plz?

i do but i dont feel like its sufficient enough and how have u revised section a? i still need to go over it
oh sorry my bad was meant to read nissan want to stay*

do you have any research for retrenchment and leadership plz?

i do but i dont feel like its sufficient enough and how have u revised section a? i still need to go over it
e

Harriet Green CEO of Thomas Cook. Authoritarian style leadership as a result of being employed externally leading to 2,500 redundancies. Successful as led to stock price rising as well as profits. Mainly due to closure of shops and investment into ecommerce

Michael O Leary of Ryan Air. Pursues strategy of cost leadership. Earned several awards for his enthusiastic approach to leadership and success with Ryanair. Ryanair has flourishing profits and can be said to be a direct result of Learys leadership.

Stephen Elop of Nokia sucked. Made 30000 redundancies and retrenched in order to pursue strategy of parternship with Microsoft. Value of Nokia decreased by 19 billion dollars since appointment. Can evaluate by saying it wasnt poor leadership but instead due to being employed too late or the employees not being influenced by the first tmd non finnish ceo of Nokia

John Antioco CEO of blockbusters failed to adjust to external environment and rapid technological changes.
Original post by ddiimmaa123
e

Harriet Green CEO of Thomas Cook. Authoritarian style leadership as a result of being employed externally leading to 2,500 redundancies. Successful as led to stock price rising as well as profits. Mainly due to closure of shops and investment into ecommerce

Michael O Leary of Ryan Air. Pursues strategy of cost leadership. Earned several awards for his enthusiastic approach to leadership and success with Ryanair. Ryanair has flourishing profits and can be said to be a direct result of Learys leadership.

Stephen Elop of Nokia sucked. Made 30000 redundancies and retrenched in order to pursue strategy of parternship with Microsoft. Value of Nokia decreased by 19 billion dollars since appointment. Can evaluate by saying it wasnt poor leadership but instead due to being employed too late or the employees not being influenced by the first tmd non finnish ceo of Nokia

John Antioco CEO of blockbusters failed to adjust to external environment and rapid technological changes.

A strong set of research you have there...thankssss!
Original post by andymharrison_

One Business example I have is Nissan in Sunderland. Nissan said they want to stay in the EU and 80% of their car exports are to the EU. Airbus also manufacture Plane wings there.

Also mention fishing. North Sea is available to everyone in the EU and leaving the EU could restrict this to just the UK.
Reply 654
Original post by Business Boy
Primark has really good ethics

urgh dont listen to him lol.

primark has bad ethics because they encourage child labour at their sweat shops in india and this in turn gave primark a bad public relations image... but people still shopped there, why? because they give what the customers want, cheap prices and a loyal customer base.
Anyone else surprised as to how high the grade boundaries were for unit 4 last year?
Original post by SohaXO
urgh dont listen to him lol.

primark has bad ethics because they encourage child labour at their sweat shops in india and this in turn gave primark a bad public relations image... but people still shopped there, why? because they give what the customers want, cheap prices and a loyal customer base.

Are you confusing Primark with North Korea?
Good examples of takeovers/mergers which have an haven't been successful...with a lil description?
Google probs not the best example though because they have been accused of avoiding tax...therefore bad ethics

They've also donated $1 million into renewable energy and made steps to reduce their carbon foot print so I think they could argued for both good and bad ethics.
Original post by Caius Filimon
Anyone else surprised as to how high the grade boundaries were for unit 4 last year?

Seemed to lower than others from what I noticed? 50% was a C.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending