Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by YoloSwagginz
You don't need to know that

Check specification page 60

Only complex ion with nh3 you need to know is cu(nh3)4(h2o)2

Which is deep blue

i dont think so because i just did a paper where it asked you how to get a dark brown solution from a co2+ hexa-aqua complex

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CHEM5-QP-JUN12.PDF[

question 8
Which equations do people think will turn up tomorrow? Not colours, but the Cr2O7, MnO4, S2O8 ones.
Original post by GO97
i dont think so because i just did a paper where it asked you how to get a dark brown solution from a co2+ hexa-aqua complex

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CHEM5-QP-JUN12.PDF[

question 8

Lmfao I'm in the wrong thread haha I'm on ocr

Going to peace out to the ocr spec lmfao
any one got quick method to remember those stupid colours
Reply 2104
Original post by Bloom77
Dark brown

[Co(NH3)6]2+ is yellow
Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah ur right, its weird though because they can call it pale yellow, pale brown or straw
Reply 2105
Lmfao I'm in the wrong thread haha I'm on ocr

Going to peace out to the ocr spec lmfao

lmao better late than never
Original post by GO97
lmao better late than never

When I saw the structure of the paper I was like why is this kid doing aqa? Then I scrolled to tittle of the thread
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Do all-nighters actually work for people?? Has it worked for you in the past??

Anyone? lol
Anyone? lol

Nope
Depends
If your learning everything in one day coz you literally know nothing, it would be impossible for me
I'm learning bits of the spec that I wasn't bothered to memorise at the beginning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2109
Original post by shamk123
any one got quick method to remember those stupid colours

i was in ur shoes earlier today this was the best i came across

https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/mod-5-revision-guide-4-transition-metals.pdf

last two page have all the colours youll need to know. unfortunately theres no shortcut, u just have to make up a pattern that works for you or just cram it raw.

one thing ive noticed tho is the colours tend to repeat for the same metal e.g. fe2+ is mostly green for everything and copper is pretty much blue for everything
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey guys, all the best for tomorrow! hope u guys all get what u need.
Reply 2111
When I saw the structure of the paper I was like why is this kid doing aqa? Then I scrolled to tittle of the thread

lol
Original post by Bloom77
Nope
Depends
If your learning everything in one day coz you literally know nothing, it would be impossible for me
I'm learning bits of the spec that I wasn't bothered to memorise at the beginning

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was actually asking for biology tomorrow haha, i feel like I've spent too much time on chem and literally no time on bio :frown: It's my last exam though so I'm contemplating doing an all nighter for it
Original post by GO97
i was in ur shoes earlier today this was the best i came across

https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/mod-5-revision-guide-4-transition-metals.pdf

last two page have all the colours youll need to know. unfortunately theres no shortcut, u just have to make up a pattern that works for you or just cram it raw.

one thing ive noticed tho is the colours tend to repeat for the same metal e.g. fe3+ is mostly green for everything and copper is pretty much blue for everything

Fe2+ is mostly green for everything, Fe3+ is yellow with water and forms a brown ppt with everything else
Reply 2114
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Fe2+ is mostly green for everything, Fe3+ is yellow with water and forms a brown ppt with everything else

yeah typo sorry doing exam questions and looking on here at the same time is prob not the best idea
Can someone please explainwhy you need a platinum electrode on the right?

image.jpg
Original post by GO97
yeah typo sorry doing exam questions and looking on here at the same time is prob not the best idea

Lol I get it, I just didn't want you going into the exam tomorrow mixing Fe3+ with Fe2+!

My brain is pretty frazzled atm trying to cram bio at the same time as finishing the past papers for chem
Reply 2117
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Lol I get it, I just didn't want you going into the exam tomorrow mixing Fe3+ with Fe2+!

My brain is pretty frazzled atm trying to cram bio at the same time as finishing the past papers for chem

lol i do stuff like that anyway even though i know it. and yeah bio is horrid i was trying to cram the whole thing on sunday but then got to genetic engineering (last topic) and felt like jumping out of my bedroom window. ill finish it off tomorrow and then do past papers after
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2118
Original post by Boundless_x
Can someone please explainwhy you need a platinum electrode on the right?

image.jpg

yeah this is weird. it could be to do with allowing electricity to flow
Anyone? lol

me i had done no revision for chem4 and i had to pretty much pull an all nighter (got 3 hours sleep) to even do decent on the exam, if i didnt pull an all nighter it would have been sooo much worse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending