The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sayswho
Panicked in C3 (again! FFS!) and definitely missed my Cambridge offer. Oh well, it was nice to dream :frown:

Same!! I will not be meeting even close to my offer at all ://
I too was on track to make my Cambridge offer and now thanks to that OCR C3 paper it'll likely be insurance/clearing for me :frown:
Original post by Bombadil
I too was on track to make my Cambridge offer and now thanks to that OCR C3 paper it'll likely be insurance/clearing for me :frown:

Original post by zintanax

Original post by sayswho
Panicked in C3 (again! FFS!) and definitely missed my Cambridge offer. Oh well, it was nice to dream :frown:

what made it hard?
Original post by Mostly_Crazy

Why do (you think) people think you didn't deserve it?

I have a poor academic background and with limited spaces available, I may have stolen the place from someone better placed to meet it.
Original post by Student403
It's ridiculous how a module like D1 is just down to how quickly you can mindlessly write -.-

Unlucky with Q1

I think you'll get 90 UMS in this. A* would be 67-68 my best guess

For an A* my D1 UMS is very irrelevant but if I'm looking at an A and Fp3/S2 don't go well then at least my A or B in D1 will help.
I think I have about 450 UMS in Further Maths so far and seek to improve my 68/100 (Fp3) and 29/100(S2).

Original post by StrangeBanana
what made it hard?

Personally I didn't find it like way too extremely hard but I made a lot of silly little mistakes which have added up to make a big impact. Ah well I'm glad I wasnt the only one who had issues so hopefully low grade boundaries!

Original post by Bombadil

I'm really sorry, guys, it's a rubbish feeling.

Original post by StrangeBanana
what made it hard?

I don't think it was that hard, I just let the nerves get to me and messed up. So, unless the grade boundaries are similar to 2013 (which they won't be), there's no way for me to get that A* now. FML
Original post by sayswho

Edexcel? Don't worry, many generally found it hard so hopefully grade boundaries are low.

I definitely dropped four marks myself, couldn't figure out the last question for the life of me :bricks:
Need to get high on C4 for an A*...lol
Original post by Serine Soul

I believe in you young one. See you tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
I believe in you young one. See you tomorrow :smile:

Thanks

I believe in you too (we can do it)

Ahh I'm revising f325 and things just aren't adsorbing into my brain
hy guys, iam an international student, i achieved 4A in A/S in chemistry physics maths and in further maths, if i was able to achieve 2A* and 2A in A2, will i get an scholarship, becz i have financial issues
Edexcel? Don't worry, many generally found it hard so hopefully grade boundaries are low.

I definitely dropped four marks myself, couldn't figure out the last question for the life of me :bricks:

Should be doable :smile: C34 went well for @Ayman! so hopefully we can do just as well!
Thanks

I believe in you too (we can do it)

Ahh I'm revising f325 and things just aren't adsorbing into my brain

Thanks

:colonhash: r.e. the bolded
Original post by Student403
Should be doable :smile: C34 went well for @Ayman! so hopefully we can do just as well!

Hopefully! :redface:
Thanks

:colonhash: r.e. the bolded

Adsorption of hydrogen gas onto the surface of a solid allows hydrogen to be stored in cars as a fuel, to generate electrical energy
I have a poor academic background and with limited spaces available, I may have stolen the place from someone better placed to meet it.

You already know what I going to say to that...

ITS COMPLETE *******S! :smile:

You haven't stolen anything. You earned the opportunity on your merits.

@jneill put it better than I could, but the fact that you've got this far clearly means they saw something in you that was worth an offer. I'd be inclined to trust their judgement :biggrin:
Hopefully! :redface:

Whatever you do, keep your calm. I hope C3 was okay! :h:

Original post by sayswho
I'm really sorry, guys, it's a rubbish feeling.

I don't think it was that hard, I just let the nerves get to me and messed up. So, unless the grade boundaries are similar to 2013 (which they won't be), there's no way for me to get that A* now. FML

Guys don't worry. Last year I came out of C3 crying because I thought I did badly and I dropped marks from not finishing questions but still got 93 UMS :smile: It's all still possible!
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Guys don't worry. Last year I came out of C3 crying because I thought I did badly and I dropped marks from not finishing questions but still got 93 UMS :smile: It's all still possible!

Thank you, but that's simply not going to happen. I'll be lucky if it's a B so there's no chance of an A* at all now. The scary thing is I don't think I could have prepared any more; after doing all the past papers, the hard IYGB papers and consistently getting 90-100UMS in those, it still all went to pieces on the day :frown:
Original post by sayswho
Thank you, but that's simply not going to happen. I'll be lucky if it's a B so there's no chance of an A* at all now. The scary thing is I don't think I could have prepared any more; after doing all the past papers, the hard IYGB papers and consistently getting 90-100UMS in those, it still all went to pieces on the day :frown:

I understand the feeling, no matter how hard you try in the run up there are just some things like nerves and pressure that really change the atmosphere of an exam. It sounds like, from what I have read, it was a relatively tough exam but that shouldn't dishearten you :smile: After all, you still have C4 to go and you can never be 100% certain on the grade boundaries anyway!
What is your offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending