The Student Room Group

Can you get UMS for a U?

I believe I got a U in c3 but with around 25-30 marks, although this would likely be a U can I still get UMS points for the marks or is it only U:0, E:40, D:50, C:60... instead of U:0-39, E:40-49, D:50-59, C:60-69... This is for edexcel by the way.
Reply 1
Original post by Feegg
I believe I got a U in c3 but with around 25-30 marks, although this would likely be a U can I still get UMS points for the marks or is it only U:0, E:40, D:50, C:60... instead of U:0-39, E:40-49, D:50-59, C:60-69... This is for edexcel by the way.

I have just gone on the AQA ums mark converter and it has 0 next to if you get 0 marks but every other mark available has ums marks attached. I'm pretty sure you do get marks still. don't panic !
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes. Max 30 I think, use the OCR UMS converter to clarify
Reply 3
Original post by SGHD26716
Yes. Max 30 I think, use the OCR UMS converter to clarify

This seems to be the case for OCR but does this apply to edexcel?
Reply 4
Also if I were to get three U's at A2 but an A and 2 C's at As would it just default to U overall even if I get the required UMS to pass? I'm worried I may be on my way to getting 3 U's A2...
All of the marks you get, including those from units where you get a U grade, will be converted to ums that is added to your final result.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
All of the marks you get, including those from units where you get a U grade, will be converted to ums that is added to your final result.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you get a U by default if you fail all 3 A2 exams even if you have enough ums combined when including As to get an e?
Original post by Feegg
Do you get a U by default if you fail all 3 A2 exams even if you have enough ums combined when including As to get an e?

No there is no default U. As long as you are entered for the a2 units and cash in is requested, your final A level grade is determined only by the total UMS achieved. If your total UMS from AS and A2 exceeds the E grade requirement of 240 ums for a 6 unit A level you get an E. This could in theory be achieved by very high AS ums and a poor set of A2 results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending