The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OSFC98
Does it matter if for Q5 scenario 2 I discussed the unlawful act manslaughter with Lucas first and then went on to Jayson etc??

Nope. It doesn't matter in what order you do them
Reply 341
Original post by katherine9609
Nope. It doesn't matter in what order you do them

Thank god, cheers
Reply 342
How much would you get maximum for not talking about LOC in q5? Or slightly mentioning why it would fail in about 5 lines?
Ok, so for the assault bit in scenario 1 i mentioned the actus reus and failed it there becomes Adam did not react, is this right?
Would i have to go over everything for property offences or could I leave out duress or would this be a big risk?
Reply 345
When talking about robbery would you talk about theft first and then mention the added 'force' element
Original post by WaywardWriter
Which question had the A03 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question 1
Do you know when there is not a causation issue, do you just put both factual and legal causation are satisfied?
Original post by SunDun111
Would i have to go over everything for property offences or could I leave out duress or would this be a big risk?

Would be a risk as so far every past paper required you to write about duress for one question in one of the two scenarios. Best to revise it as you never know which scenario you'll pick in the exam
Original post by katherine9609
Would be a risk as so far every past paper required you to write about duress for one question in one of the two scenarios. Best to revise it as you never know which scenario you'll pick in the exam

Fairs :frown:
Original post by shayankurdboy
Ok, so for the assault bit in scenario 1 i mentioned the actus reus and failed it there becomes Adam did not react, is this right?

I did this but in relation to it wasn't imminent/immediate in relation to tuberville v savage where it says if words imply it's not instant it isn't assault as Calvins words were 'if you hit him again' and so consequently didn't do the self defence everybody is talking about because there needs to be an offence to have a defence? Or maybe we were just wrong at ending it at actus reus
How many marks can be dropped for not making reference to causation for murder? (Scenario 2)
If you dont include defences how many marks can you get? Atleast 20 right?
Reply 353
Original post by calward10
How many marks can be dropped for not making reference to causation for murder? (Scenario 2)

I did this too! My teacher said its fine because the main part is defining murder and getting into the malice aforethought
Reply 354
Original post by Aishmalik

Yeah the defence is worth 5 marks (I think)
Original post by axs
I did this too! My teacher said its fine because the main part is defining murder and getting into the malice aforethought

Was worried for a second then, I've made reference to it in other areas (s47 + Unlawful Act) so I have shown knowledge on the area
Original post by Aishmalik

21 as for defences you only get 4 marks
Reply 357
I hope law 04 is a slightly better paper, relying on that to pull up my grade :frown:
Reply 358
Would strongly recommend that you do not waste time learning Justice essay as someone has stated. It's the least likely to come up after coming up two years on the run. Would recommend Law and morals as most likely, then ‘balancing conflicting interests’ then maybe fault if you have time, although with a day to go i will likely only learn Law and morals
How many words should the essays be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending