Original post by ForestShadow
isnt d1 very hard? thats what everyone in my school thinks? :tongue:

yah those bubble sorts are crazy difficult
Original post by Student403
no it's not hard

Nooo whered the spiderman avi go?

Spoiler

Original post by HopelessMedic
Is it really that bad? I've not looked into the content in too much detail but how bad can stats be:smile:

Stats was easy for me easier than m1 by far just set techniques
Reply 23
Is it really that bad? I've not looked into the content in too much detail but how bad can stats be:smile:

Probability problems are very fun imo to be fair.
It is the GCSE crap and the qualitative stuff that's not so fun.

oh you are a naive one.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Probability problems are very fun imo to be fair.
It is the GCSE crap and the qualitative stuff that's not so fun.

Yeh if its similar too the stats stuff In GCSE I can see why it would be boring, but idm as long as Its not too tough
Possibly, but tbh I've not heard a single positive word spoken about D1 from anyone whose taken it, it sounds dreadful

A shame.. I think it is a rather enjoyable module. Easier than C1, I think. The one downside is how much care everything takes, moreso than normal maths.
Original post by ForestShadow
isnt d1 very hard? thats what everyone in my school thinks? :tongue:

Not traditionally hard, like you know, FP2 or FP3 or M5 or anything like that, but difficult to get top, top grades because it's just so easy to make mistakes in the exam, but that's about it.
Yeh if its similar too the stats stuff In GCSE I can see why it would be boring, but idm as long as Its not too tough

I personally enjoyed stats at A-level (and at uni to some extent), having done S1, S2, S3 and S4 :tongue: but I appreciate that not everyone finds it as riveting as I do, and much prefer mechanics. And then a small group of people like D1, but others don't acknowledge it as 'real maths'. This would make a lovely Venn diagram ...
S1 for A2 is a better option for many reasons. Firstly it's mostly GCSE stuff and more focus on formulas. Secondly, It's straightforward as A2 will need a lot of time so it's better to have a lighter module as S1 won't require much time. I finished the course in one week and got an A in it so make things easier and simpler
Original post by Student403
Which questions were nasty?

6 was pretty annoying when the usual methods wouldn't work, 4 was a pain with all the pythagoras and trig, and 1b was pretty sneaky when you had to use the 2 to 3 second interval.

Overall, most were pretty nasty IMO but that's because I hate M2.
Reply 30
Only do M2 if you found M1 a walk or if you enjoyed it. S1 is a safe option imo.
Original post by AAls
Only do M2 if you found M1 a walk or if you enjoyed it. S1 is a safe option imo.

I think it went pretty well and hoping for +90 ums but it took a lot of work, I wouldn't say that I'm exactly gifted at mechanics which is why I'm hesitant about M2. Ill have a look at a couple of papers tho
S1 is definitely easier, but it might be useful to consider that M2 is an A2 module, and can be useful if C3/C4 goes awry and you need to maximise the chance of getting an A*.
Original post by Craig1998
6 was pretty annoying when the usual methods wouldn't work, 4 was a pain with all the pythagoras and trig, and 1b was pretty sneaky when you had to use the 2 to 3 second interval.

Overall, most were pretty nasty IMO but that's because I hate M2.

probably
Original post by 16characterlimit
S1 is definitely easier, but it might be useful to consider that M2 is an A2 module, and can be useful if C3/C4 goes awry and you need to maximise the chance of getting an A*.

Huh? The req for the A* in maths has nothing to do with A2 applied/decision modules
Reply 35
I think it went pretty well and hoping for +90 ums but it took a lot of work, I wouldn't say that I'm exactly gifted at mechanics which is why I'm hesitant about M2. Ill have a look at a couple of papers tho

I don't think looking at papers would do you much good. Perhaps try learning some m2 off youtube then attempt some questions? I'd imagine some stats would be useful if you're an aspiring medic but end up picking what you'd do best in.
I did M1 this year and have hopefully done well. However I see no reason why I should take a harder module when you can take an easier one. Is there any reason to take M2 over S1, considering that although S1 is boring it is an AS module so should be more straightforward? Edexcel btw

Why not do both? Double the fun
Original post by 16characterlimit

For an A* doesn't it just have to be 90 average over C3&C4 and 80 average overall? Why would M2 being an A2 module have any affect?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Statistically speaking I'm 99% certain it isn't

D1 is by far the easiest module of a level maths. I would choose it over anything! It was such an easy a last year.
Original post by Snasher350
Why not do both? Double the fun

Only need the one and I'm not that dedicated:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest