Volvox globator - 2.3
Volvox tertius - 1.2

remembered them random names as well :laugh:
Reply 221
Original post by Jm098
remembered them random names as well :laugh:

Haha thanks :tongue:
Original post by Ayeros
It looks like he did 2(0.35x0.45) to get that answer, guess I got it wrong. Brain fart and only put (0.35x0.45) = 0.1575

1 mark for that - it's what I did.

Original post by tanyapotter
was it just 0.35x0.45 for that one question?

0.35 X 0.45 X 2 (2 different combinations)

Original post by irMike
Ah, Yeah I got that. Also went for the midpoint for the mean, But I thought that was the sample mean while it wanted the population mean so I was confused, Think it's right though.

As always I couldn't think of reasons why It's not a poisson distribution, I pretty much take off two marks on every paper knowing I'll get that one wrong. What was the answer?

Poisson has no upper limit (book stores said you can have a maximum of 6 books) and borrowing books doesn't occur at a constant average rate (library closes/opens at certain dates/times)
Ideas on grade boundaries? I'm hoping 72/73 will be enough for full UMS
What is a Volvox Sphere even?!
Reply 225
Original post by MahuduElec
What is a Volvox Sphere even?!

According to several websites, Volvox is a genus of green algae. I thought I was sitting a biology exam when I opened the paper! :wink:
How many marks for the book question with 2 people selecting books?
Reply 227
Original post by Salty carpet
How many marks for the book question with 2 people selecting books?

3 marks
Reply 228
Original post by samham998
Ideas on grade boundaries? I'm hoping 72/73 will be enough for full UMS

Well it was 72 marks for 100 UMS last year, so assuming the grade boundaries don't change too much it's possible
Original post by sam_97
Well it was 72 marks for 100 UMS last year, so assuming the grade boundaries don't change too much it's possible

Last year's paper was harder Imo, i think 100 UMS this year will be 73 at a minimum
Answer to last question=71/24?
Original post by Hassan55
Answer to last question=71/24?

Yup.
Reply 232
Original post by MahuduElec
Last year's paper was harder Imo, i think 100 UMS this year will be 73 at a minimum

Yeah maybe, although it's difficult to tell as we don't know how everybody who sat the exam has done
Grade Boundary Predictions?
I had no idea what to put as to the second mark for the DRV/Poisson bit (For the first I said variance does not equal mean) so I put the events do not occur randomly or singly, anyone think this will get me a mark?
Original post by Hassan55
Grade Boundary Predictions?
]

I would say similar to last years although I think this years was slightly easier?

67 A*

62 A

56 B

50 C

Although I think the 1/2 markers were a bit trickier this year so I wouldn't be surprised to see similar boundaries :smile:
How was 1)d supposed to be done?
it was 0.1cm^3 so was it like lambda = 0.8 because it was the total?
Reply 238
Original post by FurtherBod
it was 0.1cm^3 so was it like lambda = 0.8 because it was the total?

I got that
Original post by Hjyu1
I got that

Yeah, If I got this I think I'm in for an A

Quick Reply