The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cinnie
I don't know about CBT but my brother kept trying to kill me too so I know how it feels. He moved out of my mums house and in with my Dad.

Wow, I'm glad I'm not alone. Well I'm not glad because you know but yeah. Gotta say though, I love your avi so much. My brother is coming home within the next few weeks so I'll have to see how that goes lol
Original post by Anonymous
I've had such a crap afternoon :cry2: I keep crying and then finding it really hard to stop, and then when I've stopped inevitably something will set me off again. I feel so pathetic as well as I'm upset for such a stupid reason :frown:

Anon 6

:hugs: x
I feel like a rag doll today... Literally need someone to put me in one of those baby bouncers to get me up and moving. So -_- ... Nothing. Feel like I have day time sleep paralysis... Awake and aware but can't move.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Wow, I'm glad I'm not alone. Well I'm not glad because you know but yeah. Gotta say though, I love your avi so much. My brother is coming home within the next few weeks so I'll have to see how that goes lol

Hope it goes OK :hugs:
Definitely getting worse again and I got a letter today saying my CBT therapist is going to be off sick for the foreseeable. :dontknow: Really need some time alone so going to go back to my uni flat tomorrow because nobody else will be there for a few days. It's going to mean going without meds for a few days probably but I just don't want to be at home anymore. Just wish I was normal.
Does anyone find that when they're depressed they get headaches?

I think I feel back into depressive thoughts a few weeks ago and since then I keep having terrible headaches.
Original post by Inexorably
Does anyone find that when they're depressed they get headaches?

I think I feel back into depressive thoughts a few weeks ago and since then I keep having terrible headaches.

Yeah I get tension headaches or even migraines when I feel stressed or depressed and they don't really fully go away until I'm out of that mental setback. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kinda scared about next Friday... :hide:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yeah I get tension headaches or even migraines when I feel stressed or depressed and they don't really fully go away until I'm out of that mental setback. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to know it's not uncommon, thank you :smile:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Kinda scared about next Friday... :hide:

What's next Friday?

titfortat x
Reply 1430
Some people are truly oblivious to the way they behave.
Alcohol/general trigger

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
OCD is at an all time high!
I struggling to even type this right now.
I need sleep but sleep is one thing I won't be getting tonight :frown:
I need to cry!
I can't touch a damn thing without having major issues!
I've showered and I'm seriously not clean at all?
I can't take much more of this!
I just hope something can be done!
Cant do this
Original post by fermat1324
I'm not a student but since I'm signed up here I thought I'd post about my mental health.

I haven't been well. It's 6 years since I left school but I still feel enraged about things that happened to me there, which wouldn't even have been that bad for lots of people.

I dropped out of uni and am back in my hometown at 24. I've been reduced to delusions and chainsmoking. I feel so depressed when I hear about people doing better than me, which is virtually everyone.

I just had to quit my job with my health, and I'm looking at a life of nothing.

I have Asperger's and schizophrenia. It'd be very hard for me to form a relationship, given my limited options and my sickness. Do you think this is for the best? Am I better off alone?

I'm thinking I should just get the good side of being ill (i.e. not having to put as much effort into life, getting up when I want) given that I get the bad side i.e. having no meaningful life while my brother travels the world with a high paid job.

I keep thinking that things would all change if I had a "big idea" that made me money and got me fame, but it'd arguably make things worse for me and it's unattainable anyway.

What do I do?

I'm trying to take more of an interest in hobbies, but my drive is low and my delusions are intrusive into my life.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I have schizophrenia as well and it is tough. I'm been unemployed since January 2014 and so far feel like there is no where to go. But the one thing that keeps me going is my hobbies. I may not have any friends in real life but I talk to people on the internet a lot and that is where I get my social interaction.

I taught myself how to program while I was ill so now I have a real skill I can use and it gives me a lot of pleasure. I'm also starting a YouTube channel in the hopes that I might make a bit of money from it. I've also started a couple of businesses so had to teach myself accountancy as well as business law. They didn't work out but I learnt a lot and had a great deal of fun while doing it.

So if I were you I'd choose something you are really interested in and spend your time doing that. You never know you might be able to make some money out of it.
Got an appt at 8:45am at the resource centre to get my PIP form filled out finally since they were closed last week. Didn't sleep a wink last night due to worries about my upcoming medical, nerves over going today and then my gut playing up.

Hoping getting this form filled out and sent off will maybe lessen some of my anxiety, even just a little. Its my birthday on Saturday and I want to be chilled out by then, even just for the day so anything I can get checked off and dealt with today will be a step in the right direction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Alcohol/general trigger

Spoiler

Have you spoken to anyone about your drinking? Feeling unable to live without a drink is a very common feeling amongst those with alcohol problems, but many people are able to start a sober life. If you've got even the slightest desire to change I would really suggest talking to someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yuck, summer
Urgh, feel like people are in my head all the time telling me 'do this and do that'
yes i will ffs
i will do it all after i've done the mountain of other things i need to do.

Get off my case and leave me alone.

~Anon 1
My stepdad has took another suspected stroke. He's just left for hospital. We won't know for a while if it was a mini one or a full blown one like last time :cry2:

He seemed OK earlier when I saw him but it's scary how quickly things can progress with things like this and his Parkinson's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest