The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
I have almost given up hope of uni at this rate, I thought my chances were almost dead after my maths exams, I don't think they went any better than last year my first units in bio and chem were good but this unit has made me lost all hope.

Dude don't lose hope. I bet the you've done well in some exams which shows your capable. Probably you fell into the trap of planning badly like me. Just 2 more days of exams left for me and I am guessing for you too. Just try your best for the remaining days hell I bet you will kill this I've seen you posting all this hard work so don't act dumb bro haha. You got this.

What course did you apply and what grade do you need? Most accept some lower grades than they state depending on space.
Original post by ReTakingF324/5
Dude don't lose hope. I bet the you've done well in some exams which shows your capable. Probably you fell into the trap of planning badly like me. Just 2 more days of exams left for me and I am guessing for you too. Just try your best for the remaining days hell I bet you will kill this I've seen you posting all this hard work so don't act dumb bro haha. You got this.

What course did you apply and what grade do you need? Most accept some lower grades than they state depending on space.

I got Biological Sciences at Aston as my firm, I originally needed ABB but they said as I firmed, it's more like BBB. But I don't even think I can get BBB, I am 100% sure my maths is still a D but I was just hoping maybe if I got ABD they might still accept me but even then I think I might get BCD.

How I got that kind of offer I have no idea considering one of my friends got rejected and he had better grades...
I got Biological Sciences at Aston as my firm, I originally needed ABB but they said as I firmed, it's more like BBB. But I don't even think I can get BBB, I am 100% sure my maths is still a D but I was just hoping maybe if I got ABD they might still accept me but even then I think I might get BCD.

How I got that kind of offer I have no idea considering one of my friends got rejected and he had better grades...

Bro are you from bham if you are I am too. PM me.

omg don't ****ing worry. LEGIT DONT WORRY haha. Aston let anyone in. I live close and all my mates that did really **** DDD or worse got in. They let people who didn't even do maths get into the engineering courses. I got offer from bham who are wayyyyy more serious lol. They don't let you off.

I 100% bet you will get a place with BCD.
image.jpg
I don't think we can do this question, there's not enough data? we only have a pH, we don't even know concentrations or what the buffer is.

My bad! That has the extra information.
Bro are you from bham if you are I am too. PM me.

omg don't ****ing worry. LEGIT DONT WORRY haha. Aston let anyone in. I live close and all my mates that did really **** DDD or worse got in. They let people who didn't even do maths get into the engineering courses. I got offer from bham who are wayyyyy more serious lol. They don't let you off.

I 100% bet you will get a place with BCD.

Nah, only visited on an open day. I know they're lenient but I feel it just gets home hectic every year, like exams get harder, entry requirements go up. I just wanted to at least try and get an A and a B in Biology and Chemistry so I can show I can do it, like I don't want to scrape by in uni I think a fresh start will do me good if I just get in. Like before I suddenly became stupid in sixth form, I was like one of my school's top students not sure what happened...
Reply 3205
just for a little hope, I got a C in f324 but 95% in f325. god bless
Original post by Ali1998HRM
Not too sure if you guys need the help... Just think of it as a buffer solution. The magnesium reacts with the acid to form the salt of the acid, thereby increasing the concentration of the conjugate base (which is provided for by the salt). The molar ratio is 2:1 so we have to add the twice the number of moles of magnesium to the conjugate base and minus twice the number of mg moles from the acid. Then you can work out the concentration.

Good practice of this is with buffers and how to calculate changing ph upon addition of naoh/hcl.

why is the salt and acid moles each one at the start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, only visited on an open day. I know they're lenient but I feel it just gets home hectic every year, like exams get harder, entry requirements go up. I just wanted to at least try and get an A and a B in Biology and Chemistry so I can show I can do it, like I don't want to scrape by in uni I think a fresh start will do me good if I just get in. Like before I suddenly became stupid in sixth form, I was like one of my school's top students not sure what happened...

Yeah same, can't wait to get this *****y a-levels done. lol.

yeah they are soo hard now. 1 retake. Before you could do 2 exam seasons in AS and another 2 in A2. That allowed you to split it far more easier. Now it's a lot more difficult lol. Oh well. I get ya. Good grade do matter for profession like bio where it's mainly research and all that. I want to get into comp sci which is more exp based after you get your first job so as fast as I get into it the better haha.

yeah I got A* and As for GCSE and AS I did alright with Bs. I guess I did this year at home and planned it so badly lol.
Reply 3208
Original post by greenorange
Sup, can anyone solve this? The corrects answer is 4.22 but I have no idea how. Thank you!
image.jpg

Literally just did this!image.jpg
Original post by greenorange
image.jpg

My bad! That has the extra information.

Hmm I got 4.42 hahaha, damn, tried again and got 4.12 any one else got an idea?
Yeah same, can't wait to get this *****y a-levels done. lol.

yeah they are soo hard now. 1 retake. Before you could do 2 exam seasons in AS and another 2 in A2. That allowed you to split it far more easier. Now it's a lot more difficult lol. Oh well. I get ya. Good grade do matter for profession like bio where it's mainly research and all that. I want to get into comp sci which is more exp based after you get your first job so as fast as I get into it the better haha.

yeah I got A* and As for GCSE and AS I did alright with Bs. I guess I did this year at home and planned it so badly lol.

yh same, I was put off by how well I was doing this year early on. Going from a U in my exams and then getting Bs in my first look back at the papers, I was like damn this is pretty good maybe I don't need to go so fast but that was just with the first units.
yh same, I was put off by how well I was doing this year early on. Going from a U in my exams and then getting Bs in my first look back at the papers, I was like damn this is pretty good maybe I don't need to go so fast but that was just with the first units.

DW dude however it goes tomorrow. You will be fine. Worst case get a job and focus on the retakes or something :biggrin:.
F325 guide

Includes stock answers and a specification rundown.

https://goo.gl/mGFVGf
DW dude however it goes tomorrow. You will be fine. Worst case get a job and focus on the retakes or something :biggrin:.

Don't feel like retaking another set tbh, I'd probably just go to any old uni that accepts CDD than sit an exam with kids 2 years younger than me.
Original post by Cal 1

Why did you multiply the concentrations by 10, I see you are correct but what was the reason behind that?
Don't feel like retaking another set tbh, I'd probably just go to any old uni that accepts CDD than sit an exam with kids 2 years younger than me.

Makes sense. Makes real good sense. I really don't care about age of people like, you can hardly make the difference between and 18 and 21 year olds. Maybe by facial hair a tiny but other than that it's not like comparing an 8 year old with an 11 year old. A couple year is nothing!
Makes sense. Makes real good sense. I really don't care about age of people like, you can hardly make the difference between and 18 and 21 year olds. Maybe by facial hair a tiny but other than that it's not like comparing an 8 year old with an 11 year old. A couple year is nothing!

I think I'd rather get on after a while though at the very worst I'd take on a foundation year course.
Original post by Cal 1

Thanks!!
I think I'd rather get on after a while though at the very worst I'd take on a foundation year course.

Man you will do fine! just focus on your work now :wink:.
Man you will do fine! just focus on your work now :wink:.

Think I might go to sleep, and try and wake up for 6 or something for some last minute working.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending