The Student Room Group

Baroness Warsi defects from Leave to Remain

Scroll to see replies

Such a brexit backer she was attacking the campaign as a life long europhile XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsphysics91
Deserters shall walk the plank when we leave the EU.

Fortunate that it won't happen then :holmes:
Shes an over ripe ham who'll do anything to get her name in the paper.

Gloryhound
Reply 23
Original post by Rover73
...an over ripe ham who'll do anything to get in the paper.

Gloryhound

Fixed it for you... I presume you were referring to Boris?
I carefully examined my coffee grounds this morning and determined from their pattern that Baroness Warwsi was indeed a key figure in Brexit until yesterday. :teehee:
Reply 25
Original post by Foo.mp3

What makes you so sure? We’ve won the argument, and most Brits do not identify as European (85%) and are fed up with the EU/mass immigration, no matter how the establishment spins it nor how many sacrificial lambs/creepy global Crony Capitalists it wheels out :dontknow:

Unfortunately I tend to agree that if the argument is immigration then Leave provides a suitably xenophobic answer that Remain can't adequately counter.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Baroness who? Oh, the weak/disgraced former token cabinet minister who scarcely commented on the issue, jumping ship at the last minute, in the wake of a reportedly 'random' shock and awe event, just before the big guns (Rothschild, Sorros, et al.) - who really run the show - put down their puppet strings and emerge from the shadows to threaten #Brexit? These fools are turning Boris into Bond, with these S.P.E.C.T.R.E like antics! :laugh:

"Hyperbolic and derisory". Remain are clutching at straws, trying to play the man, not the ball, and to propagandise the tragic death of Jo Cox by guilt tripping the nation into conflating Euroscepticism/discomfort re: immigration with far right lunacy. Utterly shameful. Worst kind of politics

What makes you so sure? We’ve won the argument, and most Brits do not identify as European (85%) and are fed up with the EU/mass immigration, no matter how the establishment spins it nor how many sacrificial lambs/creepy global Crony Capitalists it wheels out :dontknow:

The leave campaign spearheaded by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove and backed by Rupert Murdoch complaining about the 'establishment' and 'crony capitalism' is absolutely laughable.

Pathetic even.
Reply 27
Original post by Foo.mp3
Please provide a direct quote from the official #VoteLeave leadership demonstrative of xenophobia, or else retract

The poster. (Yes it's Farage not the official campaign but the general public don't know the difference. After all he was on the ITV debate, same as Cameron)

The leaflet with Syria & Iran "helpfully" highlighted alongside Turkey
(TURKEY! FEAR! PANIC!)

DSC_0421~2-3.jpg

Not retracting.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Foo.mp3
Answered your own question there sport

You realise that your assumption that this is necessarily (inherently) designed to invoke fear is in itself xenophobic, right? Oops!

So maps and population statistics are inherently xenophobic now? Gosh, you must really abhor Google! :laugh:

I'll give you another go: direct quote from the official #VoteLeave leadership demonstrative of xenophobia, or else retract

If it wasn't designed to invoke fear (or uncertainty or doubt) why highlight it on the map?

Disingenuousity (if that isn't a word it should be) is also a failing in both camps...
Original post by jneill
If it wasn't designed to invoke fear (or uncertainty or doubt) why highlight it on the map?

Disingenuousity (if that isn't a word it should be) is also a failing in both camps...

I believe the word you are searching for is "disingenuousness". :teehee:

Agree with you about the fear thing.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Please provide a direct quote from the official #VoteLeave leadership demonstrative of xenophobia, or else retract

Indeed it's rather comical, but them's the breaks - politics of personality doesn't detract from the core arguments, which we've won across the board - with the sole exception of probable short-term economic impact. Cheers for your minor, tangential, distraction all the same :yy:

It does though. No group led by Boris johnson and Murdoch could possibly claim to be 'anti establishment' or against crony capitalism.

As for having 'won the argument', let's wait until Friday to see who's won it eh.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Answered your own question there sport

You realise that your assumption that this is necessarily (inherently) designed to invoke fear is in itself xenophobic, right? Oops!

So maps and population statistics are inherently xenophobic now? Gosh, you must really abhor Google! :laugh:

I'll give you another go: direct quote from the official #VoteLeave leadership demonstrative of xenophobia, or else retract

Oldest trick in the book mate. Say something xenophobic and accuse others of xenophobia for pointinng it out.

So now Syria and Iraq are joining too?
Deary me you lot are the real project fear.

Bunch of compulsive liars, the lot of you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Esoteric-
Remind me to never listen to anything Baroness Warsi has to say.

If she is going to be so weak in her beliefs that she would entirely change her mind about an issue just because of something so trivial as Nigel Farage making a poster that rubbed some people the wrong way, then she is clearly someone who's judgement should not be relied upon

Either that or she didn't genuinely have those beliefs in the first place.....

You believe that X, Y and Z is best for the economy (encompassing trade, regulation, finance etc), democracy, sovereignty and then do an about-turn on the basis that somebody who happens to agree with one or all of these things said some stupid things that had nothing to do with any of it? I'm not buying it. This is an intelligent and educated person.

As people who have seen me post around here on any thread to do with conspiracy theories will know, I'm the least conspiracy-minded person you could possibly imagine. But I smell a rat here. I'm not going to declare it so because I've no actual evidence. I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out she was a stooge who all along was set to turn in this way at the last minute to sway a few votes. If is this the case, it's not a bad idea and I'm a little impressed if I do say so myself!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill

Hang about. Are you called Pot? Or Kettle? Or Black?

It ill-behoves a supporter of the remain campaign to call the leavers out for inciting fear, uncertainty and doubt, as that has been the entire thrust of the remain campaign.
Reply 34
Original post by Good bloke
Hang about. Are you called Pot? Or Kettle? Or Black?

It ill-behoves a supporter of the remain campaign to call the leavers out for inciting fear, uncertainty and doubt, as that has been the entire thrust of the remain campaign.

Heh, perhaps. The whole campaign on both sides is pathetic. Nothing positive about it. Plenty of FUD on both sides.

I'm just calling it out on the Leavers because they are the ones who started accusing Remain of Project Fear. Whereas versions of Project Fear are at the heart of it for both sides if they are being honest.

It's a shambles. And now an MP is dead because of it.
Reply 35
Original post by Bornblue
Oldest trick in the book mate. Say something xenophobic and accuse others of xenophobia for pointinng it out.

So now Syria and Iraq are joining too?
Deary me you lot are the real project fear.

Bunch of compulsive liars, the lot of you.

It's showing that Turkey shares a land border with those countries, not that they're going to join.
Original post by EuanF
It's showing that Turkey shares a land border with those countries, not that they're going to join.

Given Turkey aren't joining it's all a load of rubbish.
Given Turkey aren't joining it's all a load of rubbish.

Let's try in a different thread: if this is so then why are we wasting billions to help them join?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Let's try in a different thread: if this is so then why are we wasting billions to help them join?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are we actually or is this just another misleading fabricating by project fib?

Both us and Germany have said they are not joining any time soon.
Are we actually or is this just another misleading fabricating by project fib?

Both us and Germany have said they are not joining any time soon.

Or we try a different question: if they are never join then why is it the official position of our government to help them do so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply