The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2016-17 Sussex Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sam667
Yeah I am also quite disappointed cause I really wanted to stay on campus since I want to focus mainly on studying during postgrad :wink:

Nevertheless, I do not really understand why undergrads are preferred since a lot more undergrads quit their studies compared to postgrads. They could at least offer something for non-British people I have to fly now to the UK to search an apartment. Anyhow, I think Brighton life has its advantages as well :smile:

Hello, I am currently a student here at Sussex and I will be moving into private housing next year with my housemates. It looks like the university has advised you to do the same because they are running out of places for accommodation on campus. However, it is possible that you can find private housing close enough to the university campus if the distance is an important factor for you - that is not on campus, but very close to it. As advised in the email, your could look on the ''Sussex University House Hunt 2016-2017'' page on Facebook and I think this is probably your best option because you will find other students who are looking for housemates to live with next year.

I hope this helps and if you need more help, feel free to ask any more questions and I will do my best to reply. I guess it's quite annoying coming from abroad and then having to deal with this hassle - it's already annoying enough having to deal with it here. But I wish you all the best, have a good day :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Sussex just confirmed my place to study English Literature (I attend a German school and we finish earlier, so I already have my final results).
I'm just so happy right now^^
Original post by xxlilyjanexx
Hi guys, when did you apply for accommodation for Sussex? I'm applying for 2017 entry but just want to plan in advance :-)

Its when you conditionally firm your offer, so no earlier than March 17
Did you guys get an email that said your application is being considered? I'm an international student. I am just worried because my friends got their offers two weeks back and I'm still waiting and that email I received sounds omnious. 😂
is sussex lenient usually with grades?
Reply 365
Original post by sarahkayer
is sussex lenient usually with grades?

Thats what I've been asking around for a while. They have been lenient in giving me a conditional offer but lets just hope to God they're more lenient in taking students in. I really hope so
Original post by u97
Thats what I've been asking around for a while. They have been lenient in giving me a conditional offer but lets just hope to God they're more lenient in taking students in. I really hope so

What are your predicted grades??
Reply 367
Original post by Angel_N345
What are your predicted grades??

32 IB points but they want 34 (still got a conditional)
Original post by u97

i'm not sure what you're applying for...but i applied for chemistry and the professor told us (specifically for chemistry applicants) that even if they don't do so well in some subjects but do well in chemistry they might still be considered. The university might do the same for other applicants but don't rely entirely on this
Reply 369
Congrats on everyone who's got an offer, I've not checked this thread in a while. I've firmed an unconditional so hopefully I might be seeing some of you next year :smile:
As someone that currently attends the University and going into the third year of my History Undergraduate, I would say that you guys don't need to worry too much (That doesn't mean much I know.)

I managed to get in with BBB, despite their original offer being AAB. I panicked at first because I thought that I would have to go through clearing but Sussex are really keen to take on as many people as possible. So as long as you're getting close to what they want then you have nothing to worry about.

Also, they're building new/renovating accommodation on campus so there is bound to be more places for first years to live on campus. If anyone has any questions about absolutely anything to do with Sussex University life then feel free to contact me! :smile:
Has anyone got their housing application confirmed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, if you did a btec you will probably get it confirmed sooner than others.
Original post by GriffStar
Yes, if you did a btec you will probably get it confirmed sooner than others.

I did A levels, and I haven't got it yet. I was just a bit worried if I was the only one haha
Original post by Zadkiel
Msc International Marketing :smile:

Not sure about the University's reputation regarding this course but we will see. :smile:

I am coming from Portugal by the way :smile:

Heyyyy! I'm coming from Portugal too :biggrin: Msc International Marketing too!!! Have you already arrived at the UK? I moved to Brighton last week.

#campeões
Got my offer yesterday for Law With American Studies - original offer was AAB but if I make them my firm choice they will give me ABB! Lots to think about!
I started Sussex this year. My offer was AAB, reduced to ABB if I put them first which I did. So when I got BCC I was so upset, but they still accepted me and many more with low grades in so don't panic and good luck.
Also I had my housing confirmed on results day. So don't panic about that either.
If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help
Original post by ECONOMICS1738
I got an offer from university of sussex, conditional offer for economics BBB.

What are your predicted grades?

Quick Reply

Latest