The Student Room Group

WJEC IT3 A2 ICT Exam - Wednesday 22nd June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've noticed that every year they usually have either a distributed databases question or a distributed computing question (probably to not confuse the two) and last year it was distributed databases so i'd be willing to bet we get a distributed computing question this year, hopefully anyway as its a great question!
Original post by Nath98
I've noticed that every year they usually have either a distributed databases question or a distributed computing question (probably to not confuse the two) and last year it was distributed databases so i'd be willing to bet we get a distributed computing question this year, hopefully anyway as its a great question!

I really hope this is the case !! I love that question too.
Headed to bed after one last read of my notes, hopefully I'll jump on here again in the morning- good luck to everybody!

(oh god save me im screwed ><")
Original post by jessicajones1998
Why they need a security policy:
The DPA puts an onus on the council / agency to secure this information because of its potential of misuse

I have revised these four:
Physical Security
Logical Methods
Operational Procedures
Personnel Administration

PSLMOPPA ???? Hahaha I'm not sure

You're a genius.
Original post by lemoncart
You're a genius.

You're far too kind !
Good luck everybody ! Thank you so much for ur help !
Good luck everybody ! Thank you so much for ur help !

And yourself! Good luck everyone, gotta stay positive :smile:
Ehh idk
Reply 88
Original post by Nath98

Thank you! Great observation by the way I didn't even realised it

Yet when it asked for 2 applications, I described SETI, Flu vaccine, and the music distribution as an extra. What everyone else put?
Original post by Rawr97

Yet when it asked for 2 applications, I described SETI, Flu vaccine, and the music distribution as an extra. What everyone else put?

I described SETI and Folding At Home. No idea if FAH will be accepted but I think I've seen it in a mark scheme or the book somewhere so there's hope.
Original post by Rawr97

Hate to put you down but WJEC have been known to discredit for adding extra examples over the amount they are ask for, but i'm sure you'll be okay!
I thought it was a good exam, the discuss question was a bit of a horrible one but overall good!
Reply 91
Original post by Rawr97

I put SETI and HTC power to give.
What did everyone but the search engine thing question !?

Er, wanting to remove reports of arrests/acquitted + wanting to remove offensive content about themselves. Concerns being it looking suspicious to employers + whether they have a right to be forgotten. Also concerns as to whether international companies should be forced to comply with DPA.

Just wrote a load of crap tbh, wasn't sure what to say.
Which questions did everyone do in section B? My teacher said to do the database ones but I felt like I could get more marks in the other questions hope I'm right 😂

I mentioned all of control etc such as hacking, privacy etc
Original post by Qwertykeyboard15
Which questions did everyone do in section B? My teacher said to do the database ones but I felt like I could get more marks in the other questions hope I'm right 😂

Most of my class did the first questions in section B if that makes you feel any better :smile:

That was the only crappy question I thought, how did you find the rest of it?!
Reply 98
What did people put for q13?
Original post by lemoncart
I mentioned all of control etc such as hacking, privacy etc

Yes so did I ! I wrote about privacy , security and abuse of data basically !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending